Vol 4 Chap 110

XH 110

Long Lian, Xiao Hua, and the Third Prince stared at Yang Ling, their food forgotten. The sight of a desperate man eating the bowl of noodles and vegetables...was strangely intriguing.

Xiao Hua forced herself not to clap when Yang Ling finally finished his dinner. His face had lost most of its colour, with a shade of light green over his face.

Will he puke? She will need to shove a large bowl beneath him to avoid dirtying the floor!

The Third Prince stared at Yang Ling until he was sure the younger boy managed to hold his dinner and did not vomit. Only then did the Third Prince continue with his meal.

Placing a piece of roasted duck on Xiao Hua's bowl and using that as a subtle sign in telling her to start eating, the Third Prince informed Long Lian. "You should quickly eat and return to the palace. It's not safe to travel in late nights."

Staring at her third brother in confusion, Long Lian wondered what her brother was talking about. She was used to returning to the palace late in the night after hanging out with Xiao Hua and never once she got attacked.

Long Lian narrowed her eyes. Or something is changing?

Despite there were tons of questions she wanted to ask, Long Lian gave a sound of agreement and eat her meal, but it was tasteless in her mouth. Xiao Hua wondered about it too but she kept her mouth shut by stuffing food into her mouth.

The dishes were cleared mostly by Long Lian and Xiao Hua decided to brew tea for them. If her tea making could improve their health, then they should drink more.

But could she drink it too?

Although she was allowed to dine together with the Third Prince and Long Lian, she was not the one that brewed the tea during mealtime. Only when the Third Prince retired to his study did he asked for her tea.

Normally after she had brewed the tea for the Third Prince, she would follow Duan Xi Ying to train a little before practicing her embroidery or hanging out with Long Lian.

Without instructing, Duan Xi Ying already knew what Xiao Hua wanted and already prepared the necessary items for the tea brewing. The previous tea set was discreetly removed to be replaced with hers. The Third Prince naturally caught their actions but he made no move to stop Xiao Hua from brewing since he missed her tea as she had not brewed any tea during their trip to the Xuanwu Kingdom.

Xiao Hua refilled their cup with the new tea and watched their reaction in anticipation. Long Lian was the first to drink it, and after taking a sip, she immediately realized it was brewed by Xiao Hua. Giving Xiao Hua a happy smile, she drank it all and allowed her cup to be refilled.

The Third Prince's intoxicated expression was the same but Yang Ling's reaction was completely new and shocking.

"Woah, what tea is it?" Yang Ling demanded with fire in his eyes. "It tastes so good and energizing! I feel as if I just took a long nap!" Even the nausea feeling and the lingering taste of the food on his mouth disappeared without a trace!

He motioned wildly with his hands to have someone refill his cup and Xiao Hua took the task since the teapot was closer to her.

Her actions were followed by a pair of angry eyes that belonged to the Third Prince. His smile was gone and the gentleness that was the label to identify him was replaced with a dark fury that could choke a weaker person. Fortunately, it was targeted on Yang Ling or else Xiao Hua and Long Lian would immediately faint from it.

Too occupied with the tea, Yang Ling, the intended recipient of the fury was completely oblivious to the deathly aura aiming at him. He was smitten by the tea that his guard had completely collapsed.