Chapter 25

❤❤❤

JULY - SUMMER

Hyun mi's POV

"Are you sure you want this?" Dr. Harry asked in concern. His eyes worried and sympathetic at the same time.

"De," I answered weakly.

He heaves a long sigh and set down the paper and pen on my bed.

"Listen Hyun mi, I know you can feel it, it's your body. No one says otherwise but what I'm saying is that you can still get through this. Just 3 more sessions and you're good to go," he explained.

Yes, it's true that I know my body very well. I know my body's already giving up and if I finish that last three sessions, I might die.

I can't die yet.

I'm waiting for Jimin, I'm still waiting for him. I know it's pathetic but I still want to hold on until he comes. It's the only last wish I'm granting myself. Seeing my resolved expression, he pursed his lips and nodded to me.

"I see that you've already made up your mind," he picks up the pen and paper from my bed again and started scribbling something.

"If you want to stop your chemo sessions, atleast take these medicines. It'll help with the pain and numbness you'll be feeling once we stop this," He said ripping off the page from the pad.

He sets the paper on my bedside table and stared at me with the same sympathetic look. He does respect my decision and once I tell Jungkook about this, I know he'll freak out. Once they arrive from shopping their baby's stuff, I'll tell him.

Chaeyoung entered my room with a warry look on her face and bowed slightly to Dr. Harry who's making his way out. Chaeyoung slowly sat down on the side of my bed, rested her left hand on top of her now big belly and held my hand with her right squeezing it weakly. She offered me a reassuring smile and I gifted her with the same smile.

These past days, I feel my body getting weaker and weaker. I'm sometimes afraid to even sleep, I'm afraid I'll never wake up. I'll never see Jimin again and that scares the shit out of me.

"Hyun mi, are you sure you're going to stop your chemo?" she asked unsure if she really want to learn the truth or not.

"De unnie. I just-I can't do it anymore," I breathed.

She tilts her head up restraining the tears that threatens to spill from her warm hazel eyes.

"Even if you stop, please continue to fight," she nodded meekly.

"I will unnie, until he comes," I showed my white teeth at her to ease the tension she's feeling.

"Look at yourself, you can speak clearly now. That's a good sign right?" there's a gleam of hope in her eyes.

I just nodded and smiled small at that tiny spark of hope in her eyes. The only hope I'm holding on to right now is that Jimin will someday come. That someday, he'll walk in through my room's door with the same love I yearn painfully for everyday.

We heard the front door click open. Jennie entered my room, Yoongi in tow. His eyes widen once his eyes laid on me. His jaw drops displaying a shocked and scared look on his face.

Jennie sauntered to where I am and helped me get on my wheel chair. She readjusts my beanie and touched my cheek with her knuckles softly.

"How are you?" she smiled sweetly at me as she bends down to level her eyes with mine.

She's just been gone for 5 hours and now she acts like she haven't seen me in years.

"Unnie," I started and she just brushed my half-hearted irritation.