Chapter 32

It was a Sunday full of activity at Khan residence. Saliha had specially invited her son and daughter in law over dinner. It had been few weeks since that mishap. Things had gotten normal. Noor was doing better and was not back to her normal routine. Things had fallen in place. It was calm and peaceful. And Saliha hoped it would stay the same.

She wanted to have a family day so inviting Noor and Rayyan was the best idea. Noor had come there after breakfast while Rayyan had promised he would once he got free after attending an important meeting. Meetings on Sundays were a norm of Khan men. Typical workaholics.

"So graduation is nearing, hun?"

Noor asked making herself comfortable on the couch. They had ample of time before starting with dinner preps so it was good to catch up with each other.

"Yes, Just two more months and then I'll be a free bird."

"Where you are applying for Masters?"

Abeer thought for a while.

"I have few options but that's depend on what advice dad and bhai give me. Let's see. I'm going to rely on them because I have no idea when it comes to matters like these."

Noor nodded. She was well aware of how Abeer was a baby for Hammad. And Rayyan wasn't far behind when it came to babying Abeer. Both were hell bent upon spoiling an already spoilt brat. These were Rohail's word said in pure jealousy. Noor chuckled remembering the numerous banters of the siblings on how Rayyan was biased towards Abeer. And it wasn't like he denied it. With a raised eye brow he just looked at Rohail as if challenging him to do what he could about it. Rohail just huffed in response.

But that didn't mean Rohail and Rayyan weren't the brother duo. They were. Both could make each other understand things in a way that always left Noor in awe. Rayyan was so good with his family. This was the picture he always needed. He fitted in just fine. Because he was a part of it.

Her and Rayyan's own relation had gotten something she could easily describe as nothing but happiness in its truest form. They were in love. They both knew. They had told each other. And now there was no looking back. The last few weeks had been such a bliss. Rayyan was Rayyan and she was the same Noor but still something had shifted. Something which only came with their increased physical intimacy. They were closer than ever. That first kiss had opened something intense. Started something she'd never experienced before.

She knew what came with marriage. This was given. But still she had never thought kissing Rayyan Ahmed Khan would make so many butterflies dance in her stomach. He was a need she never knew was there in her. And she always wanted more.

The unusual thing was, in this equation, he was the hesitant one. He was hesitant to kiss her. And now whenever they got close he'd always look into her eyes seeking a permission he knew would always be granted to him. Holding her like she was made of glass. Would break with just little bit of roughness.

They were still on the kissing bases yet. It was going slow. Just like everything in their relation but Noor liked it this way. She knew they still needed time. She was waiting for Rayyan. For him to lead and she'd follow. No matter what.

"Noor?"

Saliha's voice brought her out of her own musings.