Chapter Twenty Eight

Rosé

Noah parks his car outside Chocolate Crumbs and I smile in excitement.

Chocolate Crumbs is a cute little dessert café in West Hampton Lake. It's friendly, cozy, and has delicious food. Noah and I find a table at the far back and I'm eagerly looking at the menu.

Noah looks boyishly adorable with his ruffled hair and sleep-heavy eyes. His varsity jacket looks so good on his broad shoulders.

"What are you getting?" Noah asks.

"Double choco frape." I smile at him as I close the menu.

Aaliyah and I come here all the time and double choco frape is my regular drink choice. I've tried other ones, like the banana latte and the purple sweet potato latte but chocolate is my favorite.

Noah chuckles.

A pretty waitress takes our orders and once she leaves, I look out the café window. The trees look less green and naked as fall comes through with colder weather. But West Hampton Lake rarely gets cold. Global warming and all.

"Noah," I turn to look at him with a light smile, "Why do you guys street race?"

Noah leans back and shows me a boyish smile.

"For fun and the money."

"Do Kai and Matthew race too?"

"Yeah, we all do."

"And Daniel?" I quietly, softly ask.

I know I saw him race that night but I just want to talk about him. I haven't talked to him in so long. I'm mad at him and hurt by him but I know that before I can let my guard down again with him, he needs to apologize to me.

I just miss him.

I'm afraid that if he ever touches me again or smiles at me, I'm going to melt in his arms without a second thought.

"Daniel is the best racer on the West Hampton Lake Side, Rosé," Noah lightly smiles, "Well, after Bella."

"Who's Bella?"

Noah tilts his head and stares at me with an amused smile.

"He's a real good racer."

Huh. Whatever. After seeing Daniel race, I can for sure say that this Bella dude has nothing on him. And what kind of name is Bella for a guy? That is so sad.

"And you?" I smile at Noah who smugly beams.

"I'm his brother, we have the same blood running through our veins."

I admirably stare at him.

The waitress comes back with our drinks and Noah also ordered an oreo waffle to share. I mouth a small thank you to her.

My chocolate frape looks mouthwatering. I take a sip and my eyes almost tear up.

"Oh my god, this tastes like heaven." My words come out muffled.

Noah laughs.

"What did you get?" I ask, eyeing his drink.

"Blueberry yogurt smoothie."

Sounds healthy.

"Wanna try some?" He offers, and I smile.

Taking his straw in my mouth, I take a sip, and it's refreshing. It's tame with the sweetness but the tangy taste of the blueberries is so good.

"Like it?"

I hum. I dig my fork into the waffle and put a small piece into my mouth. The Oreos and white chocolate syrup taste so sweet.