♚ 12:00 ♚ REBIRTH

_____________________________

Go ahead and tell me life's easy,
I've been dead for years and I'm freezing,
Say what you want, you can't tease me,
Trapped in a mind that's beastly.
-Xverd.

CINDERELVIS

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter Twelve

I opened my eyes slowly as i felt the sun suddenly hit my face. I let out a grunt and sat up gently, I was having a really bad headache, it felt like I had drank a lot the night before and I couldn't understand why I felt this way. I raised a hand to brush the hair in my face and then the memories of last night flashed through my mind, vivid and intense. I froze, my brows knitting.

Wait a sec,

I had slit my wrists. I had...died.

So what is—

I quickly stood up in fear, letting out a small gasp as I looked around the room I was in.

Where the fuck am I?

Is this heaven?

This doesn't look like it.

The room was small, way too small. The walls were bare and had no painting to bring them to life, all it was was cold concrete staring back at me like this was a prison. Was this a prison? There was only one window and it was small and grimy, the curtain tattered with few cuts. I turned to my left and stared at the rickety dresser which could barely stand since it had three and a half legs, it rested against the wall to stop it from falling. On top of the dresser was a candle and a hair brush, old and worn.

I walked slowly and a creaking sound followed me, making me stop. My eyes went to the floor which was made out of brown planks.

What is this place?

I looked down at my outfit and my eyes widen at the ugly clothes I was wearing. A white long sleeve dress shirt that looked like it belonged to a poor wine bearer in medieval times.

My heart was racing. Was I kidnapped? Did something happen? Why was I alive? All these questions made me panic the more and I couldn't breathe. I ran to the door, ready to pounce on it to force it open but when I pulled back the door knob, it opened. I wasn't locked here.

I let out a sigh of relief and ran out of the room and down the long stairs. Why wasn't I dead? I should be dead. What was happening? Where am I?

I didn't even know where I was running to, I suddenly spotted three people sitting on a couch and let out a scream as I almost lost my balance while trying to stop myself from from the speed I was running with.

"Jesus Christ!" A familiar voice said, startled.

They all turned to me and my eyes widen at the sight of the people sitting on different couches.  My fucking stepmother and her children.

"You?"

What were they doing here? I looked around, this most certainly wasn't my house! It was big, yes but it was what I'd call old-fashioned. You know how they portray houses in London in those old movies that takes place in the 70s or 80s? Something like that. There were different kinds of couches, a camelback sofa, some antique vintage like couches.  There was a long table in the middle with a tray that had small tea cups and a kettle, the rug designed with something that I couldn't quite define. The walls had different colors, some white, some blue and some a very light pink and the  floor green.