Christmas Special 2018 - Thor's first Christmas

A/N- Welcome to this book's first Holiday Special! As many of you will already know: I love Christmas and because of this I like to do Christmas themed posts. Obviously, there are a lot of people who do not celebrate Christmas and I want everyone to feel included, so I'd love to wish you all a happy holidays and an incredible new year. This post is inspired by a number of amazing Christmas songs. I hope you all enjoy it.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas had always been your favourite Christmas film; from the first time you watched it, snuggled up with your parents on the sofa, it had become a clear indication of the start of the holidays. December 1st, every year, you would put the DVD into the machine and your mum would make popcorn, and the three of you would watch it from beginning to end, engrossed by Jim Carrey prancing around the screen for the entire 105 minute movie. For 17 years.

It was hard to imagine that this would be the first Christmas without your parents, and for a long time you had assumed your tradition would die with them. Any excitement at the idea of the holidays was long gone, and you were hoping that the month would go by without too much of your own envolvement. 

That was until Thor asked you about Christmas. "Tony told me of a holiday humans celebrate," he had started one evening as you waited for the kettle to finish boiling. "He said that it was your favourite."

You felt a small smile come to your lips. "It was," you told him softly, pouring the hot water into your mug and watching as the steam rose. "It was my Mother's favourite, too."

Thor remained silent for a moment, "can you explain it to me?" You pressed your eyes shut, taking a deep breath before turning to face him.

"It was, allegedly, Jesus' birthday," you started softly, moving to sit opposite him at the breakfast bar. "But now it's mostly about Santa Clause, and presents, and being just kind to one another."

He hummed slightly, "and who is this Santa Clause you speak of?" You chuckled at the innocence in his tone, his face concentrating as hard as you had ever seen it.

"He's this jolly old man with a red suit and a beard. And he brings children presents if their good. But if you're bad he gives you coal, or a satsuma, or something rubbish." 

Thor chortled, "I like the sound of this old man." 

You smiled softly, "he's pretty great," you uttered, watching as he began grinning.

"Where can I find him?"

For a moment you considered explaining the truth about Santa, but the idea of Thor's sweet face turning from such joy to disappointment almost broke your heart. "Let me google it; he usually sets up shop somewhere for children to tell him what gifts they want for Christmas."He nodded enthusiastically as you pulled out your phone, finding the closest of Santa's many grotto's and saving the address. 

*Time Skip*

It was only a few hours later that you were standing awkwardly in line to meet Santa. You had almost forgotten the looks you would recieve from the parent's of all of the children, especially when you were surrounded by multiple friends, waiting to watch Thor meet Santa for the first time. 

Tony had been particularly excited, and you were quick to pull him out of line to put an end to any plans of spoiling Thor's Christmas.

"Hi, which of you will be meeting Santa today?" a tiny woman asked you. She was dressed in an elf costume, and her voice was perfectly light and airy as she smiled at your group. 

You grinned as you grabbed Thor's arm, urging him forward. "That would be this big guy."

The woman's eyes widened slightly, but she quickly forced the smile back onto her face. "You may be a little big to sit on Santa's lap, but I guess you can stand next to him instead." Thor nodded enthusiastically.

It wasn't long until you had reached the front of the queue, and soon Thor was standing face to face with the man himself. You had never expected him to be so starstruck, but he seemed unable to find words as the old man shook his hand. 

"What can I get you for Christmas, son?" Thor glanced up at you, seemingly lost as he considered his options. 

He hummed in sudden realisation. "My friend, Y/N," he started, pointing at you, "she told me that it is tradition for families to come together to eat at Christmas. Is that true?" Santa nodded slightly. "Then I might like to eat with my Midguardian family this year."

"I will see what I can do," Santa told him, patting his shoulder lightly, "but would you also like a gift from my sack?" Thor glanced up again, suprise etched onto his face. He had not seen you pay the little elf woman, too caught up in his excitement to truly pay attention to anything. 

*Time Skip*

On the car home you hadn't stopped smiling as Thor swooped an Ironman action figure around in the back seat, adding in his own lazer sounds as he aimed the arms at the real Tony, who was currently squished between him and Bruce. Nat was driving, her eyes flitting to look at them both in the mirror whenever she got the chance.

"Do you really want to have a proper Christmas dinner this year?" you suddenly spoke up, and Thor's hand dropped into his lap as he stared at the back of your head.

"Of course," he started, "why would I lie to the Christmas man?"

You shrugged, "no reason," you uttered softly, but your smile was etched into your face, and he nodded before returning to playing with his new toy. 

That evening you went about your planning the best Christmas anyone could ever experience, with the help of your own little elves: Jarvis and Tony's credit card. 

*Time Skip*

You had been sneaking around for the entirety of Christmas eve night, hanging stockings in the shared living room of the Avenger's tower and filling each with a few little gifts. You set up the tree, which had been delivered directly to your bedroom without being noticed, and strung up lights and other decorations across the entire floor.

The next morning, Thor woke to the sound of Christmas songs echoing through the sound system. He quickly checked the clock on his bedside, and found that it read 8am. With a grin on his face he hurried out of his bedroom and into the living room, where you were sitting on the sofa in your Pyjama's. 

"Merry Christmas," you told him, your smile the widest he had seen it in months.

Thor's mouth was hanging open as he took in the room. "Did you do all of this?"

You nodded slightly, biting your lip as the others began to appear in the room, each smiling at the festivities. "Breakfast's in the kitchen, and then we can open presents."

By the time the gifts were opened, and the food was finished, and your friends had had enough drink to put an Asgardian to sleep, you were all cuddled up together under blankets, on the sofa. It was then that you decided to truly keep tradition alive, and you reached for the remote, flicking through a streaming site until you found How The Grinch Stole Christmas and pressing play. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x