eight - balls and stuff

the ashton gif tho byE bYE BYE

-

When I first walked into school this morning, I was curious as to why there were banners being held up from the students and everyone running around like crazy; then I remember today was the day of the big soccer game, that everyone had been waiting for.

I overheard from somewhere that Ashton managed to reclaim his place as captain after Michael sprained his ankle yesterday morning during practice, to my dismay. Ashton always found a way to get whatever he wanted, I was pretty sure that Michael's injury wasn't an 'accident'. What a coincidence how Michael just happened to trip over Ashton's foot - I was shocked by how gullible people at this school could be. Ashton didn't care about Michael's well being, he just cares about himself.

The school day consisted of everyone talking about the game in every single lesson, even the English teacher paused the class to discuss tonight's event. The soccer team walked through school like the princes, with Ashton leading them like the King. It was quite the sight to be honest.

Usually I would never attend sport events, I didn't even understand the concept of soccer anyway, but tonight since I was on water duty - I had to attend. Mr Raye had told me that I had to clear out the changing rooms after the game too (he also told me that his wife thinks he's fat). My mum was actually thrilled when I told her that I'm going out tonight, since all I had done so far this week was stalk the teen wolf and pretty little liars tags on tumblr.

I made my way to the empty corridors of the gym department, since everyone else was already filling the stands of the school field, and begin to make my way out onto the field to join everyone else. As I'm walking, I notice the school mascot - Henry the Hamster - rush passed me. I wasn't sure why the school chose to have a hamster as our mascot, like woah, let's scare away the opposite team by looking like a big friendly...hamster.

The stands around the field were all pretty full and the soccer team were already warming up along the sides under the late afternoon sun. I catch a glimpse of Ashton, it was hard not to notice the only guy without a shirt on, warming up. His forehead was glistening under the sunshine and his mouth was slightly open as he jogged up and down - with his toned muscles flexing with every movement. His long hair was falling in front of his face with every step and his chest was rising and falling quickly.

He's gorgeous.

I snap out of my gaze when I hear loud yelling of Mr Raye from the sides. I quickly spin around to see Mr Raye stood right behind me, yelling towards the boys on the field - carrying boxes of water. Mr Raye stops yelling to the boys and throws the boxes in my arms without warning.

"Stand on the side, hand out water and I don't want any funny business with my players." My Raye states to me and I quickly nod my head. Not that he had anything to worry about, anyway.

"I-I wasn't planning to-"

"You'd be surprised how many pregnancies have occurred on this field." Mr Raye sighs, looking out to the field as if he's reminiscing memories, "Actually, one of my ex team members named his son after me. Ricky Raye Smith, they called him."

I furrow my eyebrows and not along to whatever Mr Raye was saying. I had learned that just keeping my mouth shut when it came to this teacher was the easiest option, since I didn't really want to open the door to any conversations with him.

"That's nice." I say quietly, looking down to my feet as I wait for Mr Raye to walk off and bother someone else - although, things weren't looking hopeful.

"See, at lease some people in this world appreciate me, I wish my wife would stop watching Game of Thrones and show me a little respect." Mr Raye rants on and I just nod in response. "Anyway, go set up on the side lines, you don't need to feel sorry for me."