Chapter 9: Captive

"There is no sorrow except in captivity."

-Rajneesh

Your blue eyes softly fluttered open, long lashes blinking way your tiredness as you buried your face into your pillow, the soft silk sheets, becoming a welcome distraction from the outside world.

You slowly sat up, stretching your arms over your head, and yawning contently, your gaze falling upon the morning sunlight that shone through your curtains.

You had slept like a baby after Yoongi agreed to stay with you. The nightmare terrified you to no end. It felt so real. You could remember the monster's hollowed out eye sockets, and rotting flesh. You could still smell it's decay.

You shivered at the awful memories, your mind knew that it was just a nightmare, but a small part of you believed that maybe some of it was real.

A soft yawn broke your train of thought and your blue eye fell onto Yoongi, who was slowly beginning to wake up. He stayed the whole night with you, even after you fell asleep he couldn't bring himself to leave, even though the chair was uncomfortable, and he barely got any sleep, he didn't regret staying and protecting you, not even a little bit.

"Good morning." You greeted as a small yawn escaped your mouth.

The soldier ran a hand through his already messy hair, rubbing his tired eyes as they moved to you.

"Did you have any more night terrors, woman?" He asked in a husky morning voice.

You shook your head, pulling back the covers and swinging your legs over the side of the bed.

"No. Thank you for staying with me."

Yoongi nodded, his hazel eyes moving to the balcony.

"Don't expect it to happen again." He said. "I value my sleep."

You let out a soft laugh, standing from your bed.

Yoonig's eyes widened as he took in your attire. You wore only your nightgown, and you were alone with a man. The situation was highly inappropriate. If someone were to walk in and see the two of you like this, assumptions would be made.

"I-I should take my leave." He stuttered out nervously. "I shall return when I have changed my clothing and you are....dressed appropriately."

You raised your eyebrows in confusion, looking down at yourself.

Your nightgown wasn't even that revealing, it fell to your mid-calf, and the neckline was only about three inches from your collar bone. The material was made of a thinner silk, but not enough to cause a scandal....at least not where you're from.

"You don't have to leave." You stated. "It's not like I'm naked or anything."

Yoongi tried to stop the dark blush from coloring his cheeks, but he failed miserably, his face and neck being stained with red.

He was frustrated with himself. He was a grown man with strong disposition, no woman had ever made him feel inferior, not even when they showed up in his chambers, wearing nothing more than a robe. But you say something slightly pointed in that direction and he like is a blushing thirteen year old.

The soldier cleared his throat, nodding his head. He figured it would be okay, since no one was allowed in your room, except for him and the Pharaoh, and knowing the spoiled king, he was probably still asleep in his chambers.

"You should eat something," He said as he motioned to the plate of food left on your vanity the night before. "You have barely touched any food since you arrived here."