The Hogsmeade trip (2/4)

Lucy's pov:

I was stunned, there was dresses of ever shape, length and colour as my as my eyes could see. Woah. It was honestly one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. We all shrieked and ran to the nearest rack, I ran to the purple rack, Natalie to the white and silver, lily to the blue and Hattie went to the red. It was like heaven. I started browsing, my eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Once in a while I'd look up to see the other girls looking the same as me. I decided I wanted a short dress, but a nice one, and I had my heart set on purple. It was the best colour.

Woah.

There it was, the dress of my dreams, it was beautiful, Lily had said we were 'looking for the dress that would be our soulmate' and I would marry this dress in a heartbeat.

"Guys I've found the one" I said, only to realise that I wasn't the only one who'd said it. Three others had, and then four voices, including mine, had burst out laughing. We were all holding the same dress, just in our chosen colours. It was short, but not to short, it had a kind of cross over bodice, the back was simple and it was strapless. There was no gems, or any accessories which I think we were all happy about. We ran over to each other, screaming again. I think by that point we all knew we were going to look amazing.

We ran to the changing rooms, and I thought back over my years at Hogwarts, I had been rejected when my family knew what I was.
I was a siren, and I didn't know whether I was going to be allowed to come to Hogwarts.

Dumbledore knew, and so did Peter. But that was it, I never told the girls, they might reject me and I couldn't stand that.
Being a siren means once a year I have to run deep into the forbidden forest, and hide underneath the ground, where I could transform, my hair turns red, as do my eyes, and I sing, my song hypnotises people, anyone who hears has to come to me and if they get to me and look into my eyes they die. Instantly. But here is the part that makes me sick, only if they are muggle born. I hated being a siren, and it was all my aunties fault. You can only be a siren if you touch another sirens hair. And she had forced her hair into my hard. To, and I quote, "continue the legacy" I hated her. We are extremely rare. And people use us.

And this year my transformation ran on one day in particular, Lily's birthday. And this year someone had given me a job, a job I had to do or Peter would be killed. I had to kill Lily. And I was dreading it. But Peter was my world, and this job had to be done.

At least tomorrow I could forget my problems, if only for a little while.

Natalie's pov:

I admired my reflection in the changing room mirror. The dress fitted me perfectly, it was amazing. White was the best colour for me but this wasn't exactly white, it has a bit of a silverish tint to it. I giggled to myself thinking about what it would be like of this was made a theatre production. "THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT DRESS"

"Natalie are you ok?"

Hattie's voice came through the changing room wall. I blushed, she had obviously heard me giggling.

"I'm fine" I called back to her.

Hattie was my best friend, I was so much closer to her than Lily or Lucy. Hattie was like my sister. But that's all she'll ever see me as. I wasn't exactly a lesbian, but I had never actually loved anyone before I met her. I had sometimes thought about telling her, but what if she was disgusted by me and never wanted to see me again? And then I would have lost my best friend in the whole world because of my stupid feelings. She was easily the most popular girl in school. She was loved because she wasn't as strict as Lily, nor as closed up as Lucy or Me. She denied all of this though. She just couldn't see how perfect she was.

I started experimenting with my hair, trying to find the perfect style to match my dress. I decided on a half up half down look. I wasn't that hard to please to be honest. But I did want to look good.

"Girls are you ready?" I called to the others, and I was met with a chorus of "yeah"

I pulled the curtain back and stepped out of the changing room. Gasps echoed from all of our mouths as we stared at each other.

Lucy's purple dress suited her perfectly, bringing out the shape of her eyes.

Lily's blue dress complimented her fiery red hair, making her look like a princess.

But as my eyes turned to my best friend my eyes widened. Her red dress showed her curves and made her already gorgeous hair look perfect. She could have been a goddess in that dress. She caught me staring at her and we both blushed furiously.

"Guys you look amazing!" Lily said, pulling us all into a tight hug. I smiled.

The almighty Hogs pov:

As the four girls turned back to the mirror, posing for each other. The same thought was going through all there heads. This was the dress they needed to impress their crush/boyfriend. Lily needed to impress James. Lucy needed to impress Peter and Natalie needed to impress Hattie, badly.

Little did she know that the same thought was rushing through Hattie's head.

It really was A midsummer nights dream at Hogwarts.

A/N: don't ask about the hog thing, it's basically just a third person point of view so yeah.