Day 14: Unlocked

December 14th

Life with Kirishima was horrid. Bakugou wanted to stuff his ears with plugs every time he heard his voice. His shitty hair was shitty, and his smile was even shittier.

They went to a coffee shop to study. They did this quite frequently, but Kirishima would have to spend at least a half hour persuading him. This time, they had a study for the math final. Bakugou was not happy, because Kirishima thought it was a fun idea to keep forging stupid mistakes.

Bakugou rolled up his newspaper out of pure rage, and repeatedly hit it against Kirishima's head. “IT’S SO FUCKING EASY, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SIMPLIFY AND DIVIDE IT DOWN TO A SQUARE ROOT! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD!?”

Kirishima gave him a sharp-toothed grin. “You tell me.” He easily completed the problem, pretty much flawlessly. “I know how to do all of this. I'm just purposefully getting it wrong to keep you here longer.”

“Why am I wasting my time with you anyway?” Bakugou scoffed.

“Because you love me?” Kirishima innocently batted his eyelashes, pursing his lips into the cutest smile he could muster.

Swinging his legs, Bakugou kicked at Kirishima's. “Shut up! I'll kill you!” he growled.

With his lips curling into a smirk, Kirishima activated his quirk so that Bakugou couldn't gain the satisfaction of kicking him. “Funny story, Kacchan.”

“Just finish your damn homework or I'm spilling my coffee right over your shitty hair!” Bakugou gripped onto the handle of his mug, sparks igniting all around it.

“I'm honestly sure you wouldn't,” Kirishima challenged, and he gathered his papers. He collected them in a stack, and then evened them out by hitting the bottom against the table.

“Try me!” Bakugou snarled.

Kirishima encased the papers inside his folder, and filed it within his other class folders. He simply waved Bakugou’s threats away as if it were a pathetic fly. “I know you're done with your homework. Wanna just hang out?”

Bakugou scrunched his nose in disgust. “I don't ‘hang out’. Hanging out is for nerds like you.”

“You know, it's kind of ironic that you call me that. You're the one who goes to bed at 8 PM every night, and has the best grades in our class. Seriously, dude, calm down.” Kirishima laughed.

“I am very calm. Fuck you.”

“Sure, what time?” Kirishima rolled his eyes. This had been his response to that insult lately, just to intentionally get on Bakugou’s nerves.

“SHUT UP! Holy shit, I fucking hate it when you say that. What’s your problem?” Bakugou was trembling with pure and utter rage. He dug his fingernails into the table, and embers pivoted from his hands, aiming towards Kirishima. He hadn’t meant to cause destruction, but his quirk was going insane. His hands must be sweaty again.

For all the time that Kirishima had known Bakugou, he was used to this. He put up his defenses, and shielded his face. “It’s just a joke, man. It’s not supposed to be taken seriously.”

Bakugou was offended by his own feelings, because his first response to that statement was disappointment. If he could punch his emotions, he’d do it in a heartbeat. Faster than it is to cook minute rice.

Kirishima scrunched the side of his nose, clearly puzzled. Fucking hell, that was cuter than anything. “Kacchan? Everything good, dude? You’re not responding.”