Chapter 26

Hope everyone had a great Christmas 🤗

"You and Mark get along well, right?" She questions, arching her brow as she takes a sip from her glass.

You scratch the back of your head at that. It's complicated now that you think about it. You've always knew it was complicated, but it's just been awhile since you've thought about it. You're trying your best to forget the past, but it just comes back to haunt you.

You're relationship with him is on and off. First it's this then it's that. Sometimes you think he's bipolar. Or maybe it's just you.

"It's complicated." You chuckle anxiously.

"I doubt that." She scoffs playfully, shaking her head as her fingers rummage her hair. "You're good friends, I'm sure of it."

You mumble under your breath, looking away from her inquisitive glare.

"You are friends right?" She inquires muddled.

"Um, sure... Yeah, totally."

She has that doubtful look in her eyes. It's nerve wracking. Her round doe eyes make it look like she glaring into your soul. Not very comforting.

Already, she's refilling her glass. You sigh in despair, thinking if she takes anymore she might end up wasted right here in the kitchen and you wouldn't know how to handle that. It's her fourth glass. She's either crazy or must be a pro to handle all that liquor.

But instead of drinking it herself, she's handing it to you. You're pupils dilate when she forces it into your hand.

"I– Uh... You– Why?" You breathe out.

"Drink it." She commands. "I can tell you're a little stressed out since you've been here, so drink it. It'll help."

"But I can't–"

"Don't give me that 'it's illegal' bullshit." She rolls her eyes. "Just drink it."

You're stunned by her instant change in attitude. Her smile and innocent eyes have vanished into thin air. It kinda reminds you how hasty your father was to get you intoxicated so he could sleep with you.

Oh, she's serious.

You avert your eyes up to her. She pouts, nodding as she crosses her arms in front her chest.

Isn't she being quite pushy? If you're not ready then you're not really. She's reminding you more and more of your father. But you can trust her. She is your mother's best friend after all. There's no way she would wish harm on you.

Before your brain could even protest once more, your body is taking action and you're already chugging down the glass of dry, red wine.

Stupid.

It's bitter, but at the same time sweet and sour. You wince at the taste. It's nothing like the drinks at the bar you had on your birthday. Those shots tasted like water with a unpleasant burning, mild bitter flavor. The wine was somewhat much better in a way.

"See!" She giggles, refilling your glass. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

It wasn't bad, but you're basically coughing due to the unusual flavor. Might need some getting used to. That's if you take it again.

"More?" She suggest.

"N-No thank you." You husk.

She nods and watches in awe as you basically cough to death. You're quick to grab a bottle of water and gulp it down to soothe the after-taste.