1.2.4: Ruined Wedding - EDITED

Isn't it kind of awkward to make someone older than me fall in love with me? Xiao Yunhua mentally asked Xiao Taotao. Besides, I'm sure that the nurse likes him. And she's so nice, how could I do such an awful thing?

<<Then you must have points to compensate.>> Remembering the astonishingly large number of points needed to use to change targets, Xiao Yunhua paled. When Qiang Yue saw this, he assumed it was because she was feeling pain. Immediately, Ling Qiu fed her a pill and helped her drink some water.

Feeling a bit better, Xiao Yunhua's hoarse voice asked, "Where am I?"

"Miss Xiahu." Qiang Yue politely answered as he looked at the frail woman. Even though she looked extremely frail and fragile enough to break with a small push, she was easily the most beautiful woman he had ever seen with her lusciously flowing ebony hair, honey colored eyes, and pale skin.

Even though she looked quite different than what was in her profile, Qiang Yue knew that she was still the same patient. Being comatose for three months had a tendency to change appearance via growing much skinner, paler, etcetera. But to change this much was truly a miracle.

If she were to gain back a little weight, then her beauty would easily be on the same level as the international supermodels.

"You are currently in SX Hospital." He explained. "After your accident involving the hit-and-run, you were comatose for three months. Your guardians have been informed and are on the way."

Regardless having already heard Xiao Taotao explain this to her, to hear that she was comatose for so long was still overwhelming. She tried to sit up, but once again, she was very weak as pain erupted inside of her body.

"Miss Xiahu, you most likely need physical therapy to regain your physical movement. Nurse Ling will help you by massaging your legs and arms every day to help the process. I believe after a few weeks, you should be good to go." He indicated for Ling Qiu to adjust the patient's bed to sit up, no longer flat.

"Thank you." Despite her voice being hoarse, Xiao Yunhua's vulnerable soft voice tugged a heartstring of Qiang Yue's heart. For someone who was in her early twenties, it was so tragic for such a thing to happen to her.

Qiang Yue nodded and turned around to leave along with Ling Qiu. When they opened the door, they were startled to see a handsome man with long, silver hair and a regal face with cold eyes walk in. The man was Wang Yaowan, one of her guardians. Qiang Yue nodded in greeting and the man did the same thing. Qiang Yue turned around to look at Xiahu Yunhua one last time, but then closed the door to give them their privacy.

"Are you feeling alright?" Was the first thing Wang Yaowan murmured when he saw Xiao Yunhua.

"I've had worse days." Xiao Yunhua joked despite her hoarse voice. "Where is Ni Ming?"

"She's on her way, I decided to come first. Little girl, you really did scare us."

Xiao Yunhua sighed, the movement causing her chest to hurt. "I'm sorry, it wasn't anything on my agenda... How did the wedding go?" At her question, Wang Yaowan averted his eyes.

"Don't tell me..." Xiao Yunhua was stupid. She could clearly see what the man was indicating by her silence. "You guys stopped the wedding?"

He nodded and Xiao Yunhua immediately began to cry. "I can't believe I ruined your wedding. I feel so awful! The wedding that you and Ni Ming had been looking forward to, the wedding that had been planned for months... I know an apology can't suffice, but I'm sorry." As she emotionally bawled her eyes out, she felt a strong pair of arms wrap themselves around her.

Wang Yaowan patted her head and reassured. "It wasn't your fault. You're very dear, to both of us. Nobody expected that incident."

"But only if I didn't go outside!" She deeply regretted going to meet Zhou Feng. The familiar sense of resentment that had been hidden since her teenage years was beginning to resurface once again. But surprisingly, the system didn't try to stop it like always. Xiao Yunhua realized that since Zhou Feng wasn't a target anymore, she could resent him all she wanted! And that was how she felt.

If it wasn't because he decided to take her outside, conjuring Kang Yiyi's jealousy, then none of this nonsense would've happened!

Her tears seemed nonstop and Wang Yaowan kept trying to comfort her. Thanks to her enhanced senses, she immediately realized that someone had quietly opened the door and was watching them. Immediately recognizing that person as Ni Ming and not wanting her to misinterpret the situation, Xiao Yunhua smiled and said, "Wang Yaowan, thank you. You, Ni Ming, and Mrs. Bao are the only family I have in this world."

Wang Yaowan didn't react much and only nodded. Suddenly, the door opened even further and Ni Ming walked in.