Chapter Twenty Nine

Rosé

"Can we get coffee before getting there?" Aaliyah grumbles as she places Binx down onto my bed.

I hum, walking over to her, turning my back so she could help me tie the back of my white dress up.

Aaliyah and I are dressed as angels—her the fallen angel and me the angel. Hot and gorgeous outfits, a pair of angel wings, and halos. Aaliyah's makeup is dark and accentuates her otherworldly beauty and mine is glowing and glittery.

Aaliyah's leather leotard hugs her curves, the sweetheart neck making her breasts look breathtaking. Her black wings and halo match her aesthetic and she's got on thigh-high leather boots. Her raven locks are pulled into a high ponytail and her eyes are sultry in the dark colors she's used. Aaliyah looks hot as sin.

My dress is white, reaching below my knees, it's cinched on my waist and billowy down my hips, the straps are thin and my cleavage is peeking from the sweetheart neck design. The back is a lace-up which allows the dress to fit snuggly on my body. My wings and halo are white. My hair is in soft curls down my back with glitter in some strands to add sparkle and my makeup is subtly dramatic, glossy glitter, mascara, blush, and clear lip gloss.

"Are you girls ready?!" Nate shouts from downstairs as I'm tying up my white strappy heels.

"Coming!" I yell back.

Aaliyah laughs at our communication. I quickly grab my phone and we rush downstairs. Nate is all dolled up in his Chucky costume. I helped him with the fake blood which I'm proud of. Hollywood, hire me, please.

"Rosé, don't forget your keys." He reminds me, I nod.

Nate is staying over at his friend's tonight since he's partying with them at their frat house but he's offered to drop us off at the bonfire. He's going to be back on Sunday and Aaliyah is sleeping over.

Aaliyah and Nate go wait in his car while I go into the kitchen to get some water. I set down my phone and keys on the counter before opening the refrigerator, grabbing the cold-water bottle, and gulping down the contents.

Nate blares the car horn and I jump. We're getting late. I hastily place the bottle back and close the refrigerator door, grabbing my phone, the nervousness of getting late, and being scolded by Nate, getting to me. Before walking out of the door, I flick the switch to turn on the decorative lights outside.

Let's hope everyone has a happy Halloween. We've left some candy hanging on our door so the neighborhood kids can take some.

Daniel

"I want animal fries." Kai mumbles as he lazily plays with the sparkler in his hand.

After last night, I feel fucking horrible. I don't know what got into me that made me raise my hand at my best friend. Knowing Kai and his whoring around, when he spoke about Rosé like she was one of his girls, I was fucking mad.

Not only that, my brother had the fucking nerve to take her out.

He likes Rosé.

Fuck.

"You think In-N-Out will deliver?" Kai looks at us, disgustingly wholesomely.

Noah scoffs at him, puffing on his cigarette.

"I'm leaving this friendship." Matthew groans, throwing his head back.

We're at West Hampton Lake Mountain Park, waiting for the fireworks to start but my eyes have been wandering around impatiently for her.

It's Halloween but I didn't bother dressing up but Kai—the fucker that he is—made me wear a devil's horns headband. Kai, Matthew, and my brother had a field day on their costumes, though.