Chapter 10

I sat on my bed the next morning, trying to figure out if Evan asking me out was just a dream. But I knew it wasn't. I was going to have my first date with a boy.

Normally, no boy would ever looked my way. Not because I wasn't attractive or anything. I thought I looked okay for a girl with my genetics. I wasn't exactly skinny, mainly because I enjoyed Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets too much. I probably could live off of Sheetz if I tried.

What would happen tonight? Would Evan show up at my front door with a bouquet of flowers? Would Jasper jump out of nowhere and karate chop him in the face? Was this all some elaborate joke those two came up to get back at me?

Wait, that's not right.

Evan hated Jasper. Probably not as much as I did, but the feeling was there. Plus, Evan said he was going to call that night before I fell out the window. They can't possibly be in cahoots.

I grab a hoodie that was sitting at the foot of the bed. I was too lazy to put on a bra, either way with a hoodie on the girls are covered. My crutches were leaning against my nightstand, so I grab them and hoist myself up.

The house was quiet. It was a little after nine in the morning, and Jasper wasn't here yet. Hopefully he wasn't coming. Maybe he'd rather go to military school then spend another minute with me.

That's wishful thinking.

Carefully, I walk down the stairs. I would rather not have a repeat of what happened yesterday. I didn't want to turn into one of those old people from a life alert commercial.

When I get downstairs, I turn and walk into the kitchen. I was hungry, and I wasn't going to wait for Jasper. Yesterday, I learned that I could walk with one crutch if I moved slow.

I grab a bowl out of the cabinet and then I placed it on the counter. I did the same thing with the cereal, milk, and even a spoon. Not before long, I was sitting on a stool going to town on some fruit loops.

As I eat, I scroll through my phone. The only thing I had on my phone was a couple of emails, and even those weren't exciting.

Out of habit, I click on Facebook. I had no notifications, which wasn't shocking. I only had like, ten friends, and I was related to all of them. Half were on my mom's side and the other half was my fathers. I still kept in contact with my grandparents on my father's side. They were nice people and I wasn't going to lose them because their son was an asshole.

Out of curiosity, I go to the search bar and type in Evans name. Which was Evan Bello. His family owned the only Italian restaurant in town. If I'm correct, his great grandparents opened that restaurant back in the thirties or forties when they immigrated from Italy for a better life, which they got.

There was only one Ethan Bello that popped up, and not surprisingly, it was him. His profile picture was just him sitting on a bench in the park. His blond hair was tousled around because of the wind, and his bright blue eyes seemed brighter since he had a big smile on his face. It looked as if the photo was taken in mid laugh. He did look attractive in the photo, but I shook those thoughts away. This is probably a pity date or something. He couldn't actually like me or anything.

I scroll through his profile and nothing really caught my eyes. He wasn't one of those people who constantly posted every small detail about his life like most people our age. There was the occasional check-in at places, but that was it.

The front door creaked open and I set my phone down down to glance down the hall towards the door. Jasper stood by the table as he took his shoes off. As if he could sense me staring, he glanced up and frowned.