The Sidemen House- Exhaustion

Josh's P.O.V.

I knew I was the first one to notice that Vikk didn't eat much. The other boys were oblivious to most things and I knew they didn't notice how Vikk picked at his food, never eating more than half the food on his plate, even if it wasn't much to begin with.

I started to get worried when he pretty much stopped eating all together, skipping breakfast, pretending he ate lunch when I knew he hadn't, he stopped taking snacks from the cupboard and when we had dinner together he barely ate.

He was already skinny, so small that I honestly felt like he would snap if he fell over but over the weeks and months he got skinner and skinner, until the skin was stretched too thinly across his bones and even the fans started to notice it.

He was tired all the time and sometimes he couldn't even make it down the stairs. I had found him sitting half way down the steps on a few occasions because he had either fainted or become so lightheaded that he couldn't walk any longer.

He barely had the strength to record or edit and had actually almost passed out on several occasions during recording sessions, yet still I didn't confront him. I didn't know how.

Only a week before everything fell apart Simon came up to my room just before I was planning on going to bed, with a pinched and worried face.

"Josh?" I gestured for him to come and sit down on the bed beside me. "I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, what's up?" He was wringing his hands worriedly.

"It's about Vikk..." I sighed.

"You've noticed huh?" He nodded, pushing himself so he was sitting closer to me.

"About how he doesn't eat? Yeah. I'm really, really worried about him, it's getting worse." He rubbed his forehead fiercely, looking up at me for guidance.

"I know, I've known for a while but I don't know how to talk to him about it. I've been really worried, he's getting weaker and I've seen him almost collapse a few times." I sighed and buried my head in my hands.

"So have I. He was coming down the stairs the other day and fell, he said he tripped but I'm pretty sure he fainted." I nodded, it was probably true.

"We need to find a way to talk to him about it before he gets hurt, we'll bring JJ into it." Simon agreed.

"Sounds good, we'll have to do it soon though. I don't know what getting JJ involved'll do but I suppose he could help." I nodded.

"Alright, let's do it."

------------------------------------------

It was a week later and the three of us, as in JJ, Simon and I were preparing to talk to Vikk about his eating habits. We knew it wouldn't be an easy conversation to have and I was gathering the courage I needed, going over everything we needed to say to him.

We were just about to go upstairs when there was quite a large thump upstairs. We glanced at each other, confused. It sounded like it had come from Vikk's room and a shot of worry went through my heart, I stood with Simon and JJ and headed upstairs.

"Vikk?" I called, knocking gently on his door. There was no reply, so I pushed it open and stumbled back, shocked. "Shit! Vikk!"

I cried out and ran into the room, rolling Vikk over. He was unconscious on the ground, his eyes closed and his entire body limp in my arms. It was only that I was so close that I noticed how skinny he had gotten, like a stick, and he was so light in my arms.

"Simon! Call an ambulance!" I pushed his hair out of his eyes, desperate for him to respond, to wake up, to do anything to let me know that he was alive.