CH. 18 My Feelings?

CH. 18 My Feelings?

(Aimee POV)

How could so many things happen in such a short period?

I was lying in bed next to him. I was pretty sure he was sleeping. What happened earlier was playing in my mind.

How do I let myself get so affected by a kiss?

Was it because I was his first kiss? Did that make me feel special?

No.

I shouldn't feel anything like I'm feeling right now; things like that are things I shouldn't feel at all whatsoever.

This isn't supposed to happen. I'm just doing Anthony a favor, and then after all of this is done, we'll go back to our everyday lives.

Even though his family is lovely from what I've seen, even though they all look caring and friendly, I shouldn't get my feelings wrapped around them.

I shouldn't start to crave a family I know I won't have.

This was all pretending, but maybe. Maybe part of me didn't want this to be.

Maybe I wanted this to be real?

Something is wrong with me.

Earlier, he had asked me about my family. I could tell by the expression on his face that he wanted to know.

Even before he asked, I knew it was something relating to that. Did he forget I was a lawyer? A very good one also.

I knew he was curious about it. Even when I gave him an answer, I could tell he hoped I would tell him.

Why was my answer that blunt and straightforward?

'I don't have a family.' It wasn't a lie. It was the truth.

I had no one, I was East African, and I spoke Swahili fluently, Arabic, French, and German, so I felt like that should give him an insight into my roots.

I saw the look in his eyes when I told him I had no family. He looked sad.

I didn't know if he was sad because I said I didn't have any family or because I didn't express the meaning of my words.

Maybe he felt both.

My back was facing him. I had an urge on wanting to be more closer to him.

To see his sleeping face.

So I decided to turn around and was face to face with him.

His eyes were closed, he was asleep, and I took that as an advantage to stare at him.

Honestly, Anthony is a good-looking man, so why didn't he just come up and talk to me the first time I started going to that cafe.

I realized after being with him that he is a shy person; maybe he was too scared to talk to me.

A smile appeared on my face, just the thought of him being too shy to talk to me but not too scared to do the kidnapping.

I looked at the little freckles he had dashed on his face and smiled. They look like little dashes of cinnamon that fell on his face.

I felt like a creep staring at him like this. I was staring at him while he was sleeping. If that didn't scream out, creep, I don't know what will.

"See something you like?" My eyes widened, watching him open his eyes.

"I thought. I thought you were asleep?" I said, looking at him. He smiled.

"I can feel when someone is staring at me or is near me when I'm asleep, so my mind wakes me up." He said, looking at me with a concerned look.