Chapter 12

[ Monique ]

Here we are gathered in the same room where Maria was laid and being cured.

"Stop moving!",Ron hissed while pinning Loisa's left leg on the floor.

"Oh damn! It's gonna hurt!",she struggled hard to escape but to no avail. Ron and Argus had been holding her to remove the long sharp glass which was stuck on her left leg but she hardly noticed it due to the "excitement" she had today and the fact that she was a vampire.

"You're a vampire so it won't hurt much!",i exclaimed examining the edge of the glass which peirced through the the other side of her leg.

"Yes, it does!",she protested.

"Hmmm..how about we count to three then pull it?",i rubbed the tip of my chin then sat beside her staked leg.

Ste took few gulps before she spoke. "Deal."

"Okay, are you ready?",she nods. "On the count of 1....",i didn't finished the counting and immediately pulled the glass out.

She stared at me for a moment then to the broken glass i am holding then blinked.

"Not so bad does it?",i smiled at her and patted her shoulder.

She was speechless and stayed still.

"How'd you do that?",Argus went to my side. He looked like a kid who was so curious about a simple magic trick.

"It's just a simple trick. We do that with our patients.",i shrugged then disposed the glass and sat back on the carpet to examine Loisa's wound which was gradually healing. "There! Good as new". And she was still speechless.

"You should have seen what she did to the vampire back there!",Leo was sitting near Maria's bed exclaimed as if he was telling them the greatest and most interesting event in history.

Argus looked at me suspiciously.

"Damn i didn't knew she was that scary!",everyone in the room looked at Leo while Lucas sat beside me and i smiled at him.

"Spit out what happened! Don't keep us in suspense!",now Argus was getting more persistent going near Leo.

So he told them what happened --- what i did to the vampire who attacked us and shuddered when he finished telling them the whole story. And they all stare at me with surprised looks.

"Wow! Girls are indeed scary!",Ron broke the silence while shaking his head. "We have Loisa who shoots without missing the target and I was almost one of them when I went home with some mud on my shoes and she went all crazy telling me that she'll kill me just because I brought mud into the living room! And Maria...",they all turned to Maria who was surprised upon hearing her name.

This time Argus stepped in and said: "Tsk. Tsk. Got nearly killed by her when i broke one of her favorite mug! She chased me with some frying pan and a ladle! Can you imagine that!? It's like being chased by a troll!!!" Which made Maria turned red with anger....i could almost see the invisible smoke coming out from her ears and nose!!!

"You ungrateful bastard!!!",she yelled at Argus who hid behind Leo.

"And now Monique!!!.",Leo shook his head and clicked his tongue. "Never thought Doctors would be this scary though. The woman who cuts people's veins without fear and who knows what else she'll do if we piss her off!",they all laughed at Leo.

"Girls rule!",Loisa cheered happily forgetting what happened earlier.

And we spend the whole afternoon laughing as if nothing serious had took place and nearly killed us all.

                   ~~+~~

"When can I start to memorize which room i belong to?",i muttered while scratching the back of my head.

Suddenly, i felt pain on my back and became weak. I was now facing the wall for support, afraid to hit my back on it where the stinging came from. I groaned as the pain worsen and my back felt like burning. I looked ahead hoping i could get to my room but the hallway began to sway and move by itself.

I tried closing my eyes hoping it would all stop but when I opened them it worsened. I'm starting to faint. Dark spots were forming blocking my vision while the pain still lingers and the more I move the more it hurts.

"...nique...",a voice called out but my eyes were too tired and too heavy to open. I felt like i was floating and i drifted into the darkness.

[ Lucas ]

I've had a  hunch that something was bothering her. I could feel it within me because her blood was flowing in me and that is why I stayed by her side the whole time.

She looked okay but she was not. It wasn't the scratches she had on her arms, i know there were some injuries that she was hiding from us.

And i was right. She was in pain. I picked her up immediately and brought her to my room. She screamed in pain when i put her on the bed. Sweat was flowing heavily from her face to her body and she was crying. I took off the jacket she was wearing and saw the cause of her misery. I should have trusted my instincts when I smelled blood from her and of course I couldn't see the blood forming because she wore a friggin black jacket! How could I be so careless!

I had no choice but to take off the shirt she was wearing (my shirt) and threw it on the floor leaving her bra on. She buried her head on the mattress as she let's out another scream, her hands clutching it tightly.

She managed to bandage herself secretly to prevent suspicion but she was wrong, i can feel her. I gently removed the bandage which was covered with blood and was surprised to see that she wasn't able to remove all the broken glass on her back! Well of course she can't do it by herself! And there were more cuts on her thigh all the way down to her lower leg!

"Stubborn!",i shook my head as she screamed again. I don't know if i'll be mad for her stupidity or i'll be happy for her being brave all this time.

And because she was stupid and bandaged her wounds, it made everything worst! The bandage pushed some pieces to go deeper into her skin and damn her blood was so overwhelming to resist! It's tempting me and my body was reacting to it.

I fought the urge to not drink from her..

No, i won't take advantage of her.
I need to control my self...
I need to stop..

With all the courage i could muster, i successfully pulled out every pieces even the tiniest one from her back beyond all the blood that's been flowing along with them.

I cleaned her wounds to prevent infection and a minute later her heartbeat went back to normal and she fell asleep.

"What are you doing to me Monique",i stared at her face covered with sweat and tears tucking a strand of her smooth brown hair to her ear.

"You really are something...",i leaned closer and kissed her forehead.