e p i l o g u e

"Come on, Mina! You're such a slow poke!"

Chaeyoung giggled as she ran up to the top of the cliff she took Mina too all those months ago, glancing back to see the struggling woman with the picnic basket.

"Nobody asked you to pack a buffet," Mina retorted with absolutely no bite. In fact, she had a smile on her face as she carried the basket.

"I want to make sure you eat properly!"

"I'm still sure you're trying to get me fat enough to have my own astral belt."

"Minaaaa!"

The Japanese chuckled, continuing to carry the basket.

They got to the edge of the cliff, setting up the picnic while laughing about small things. The atmosphere was light after all the dark, heavy months in the past. And they were grateful where they were at the moment.

"So, how's Sana?" Chaeyoung asked, sipping her drink.

"She's doing fine! She stayed down here and met a Korean girl, actually. Jeongyeon is her name, I think. What about Dahyun?"

"She's found an interest in a foreign student at her school. Hasn't stopped talking about her for days," Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Oh? She's actually capable of love?"

"Stop!" Chaeyoung playfully slapped Mina's arm. "I'm glad she's focusing on herself instead of trying to protect me."

"She's never really had a reason to protect you from me. Except that I might hurt you."

"You could never."

Chaeyoung laid her head on Mina's shoulder, staring out at the scene before them. It was quiet between them, with the occasional sounds of wildlife and Mina eating the cake she had made before.

Chaeyoung cleared her throat after a while, lifting her head to look up at Mina, grabbing her attention.

"Uh, Mina?"

"Hmm?"

Deep breaths, Chae. You can do this...

Chaeyoung took Mina's hand in hers and gave a shy smile.

"I know we kinda got off on a bad start," Chaeyoung said, "and it went even more south when Dahyun accused you of...you know...yeah."

Mina playfully rolled her eyes.

"But I still like you. I like being your friend, but I'd love to be your girlfriend."

It was much shorter than what Chaeyoung originally thought of, since she forgot her entire speech. But then again, Mina liked things being short and sweet. She'll probably appreciate it.

The smile on Mina's face confirmed Chaeyoung's thoughts.

"You've always been so cute. If that's your way of asking me out, then yes."

Chaeyoung squealed before attacking the older with a tight hug. Mina laughed as she put up a fight before giving in and hugging back.

"I don't know how you could ever possibly date someone like me," Chaeyoung began to ramble, holding onto Mina still. "You're so much cooler and prettier, and I'm just a loser!"

"Chae, you're perfect. So shut up."

Before Chaeyoung realized what was happening, Mina had leaned in and pressed her lips against the smaller's. At first, Chaeyoung pulled away in surprise, staring wide-eyed at the older. She possessed a tiny smile before leaning in for a proper kiss, sighing softly.

The wait was definitely worth it.

It was eh, but I felt like it was pretty nice to wrap up the story!

I hope you all enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine!💖

And I'll see you in my other books, I hope!