|17|

"I wish I do." Jennie sighed before seperating herself from Jisoo. "But I don't know, Jisoo. I'm still trying to figure out if I should."

Jisoo watched the younger girl going back to lying around in her bed. Her face could really use some sleep and as much as Jisoo wants to keep asking her. The latter closed her eyes, leaving Jisoo quiet and thoughtful.

"Jennie... I'm not staying around you because it's simply a job I have to do. It was supposed to be for the money and scholarship and all the other benefits but.. " She trailed off as she saw the smile on Jennie's lips. If it was possible to make a smile crestfallen and sheepish at the same time, Jisoo had to ask the latter. She was doing it perfectly, it seems. "I mean... it's not just a mere job to me now."

"You say that because..." She heard an intake a breath and saw Jennie not even looking at her. Until she did, with eyes that looked teary. She smiled again and Jisoo doesn't know how to describe it or feel about it. "Never mind. Go rest up. Let me sleep."

Jisoo can only sigh in defeat because it definitely seemed like Jennie wasn't up for any more talking. Especially when she turned to her side, making Jisoo watch her back instead. The older girl stood and went for the door only to glance back at Jennie who looked smaller from her place.

"Sleep tight, Jennie."

~***~

"Kim Jisoo."

'What is it this time?'

"I have something to say."

"And it has to be me who hears you out?"

Jisoo studied Mino who came right behind her when she just went to get some water for herself. She wasn't sure if she's ready to have another go of a scene where she's in the kitchen alone with him. She still haven't forgotten about the last time.

The other students were still out doing whatever activity they needed to do. There was no one around in the villa at the moment so that meant Jisoo, Jennie and Mino were its only occupants. The black haired girl rather do something that doesn't include seeing the latter just for some peace.

"I prefer talking to the wall actually."

"Then I hope you enjoy the peach colored ones." She replied as she gestured for the wall before moving out of his way. "That would be a better way to spend our own time. While I go sleep and you... do your thing--"

"I'm sorry."

She turned around as it was more like a grunt. "What?"

"You heard it. You don't have to hear it twice." He rolled his eyes at her.

The black haired girl raised her eyebrows as Mino only put his hands inside his pockets. The cockiness was still there in his stance but it was different. He seemed different as if he just wanted to get things over with.

"Did you or did you not just say sorry to me?"

The latter exhaled loudly and scrunched his face before pinching the bridge of his nose. He was looking more like a person ready to combust if he didn't do anything. "The Kims should really get your brain checked if not your ears. How could they trust you with their heiress?"

"Sorry. I'm still trying to cope with how you people say sorry. At least Jennie did try being sincere." He looked up, shocked and eyes wide, which Jisoo thought wasn't due to her sarcasm. "Yep. Not gonna get over the fact you still look ready to kill--"