chapter 8

"Drive faster!" I yelled at Josh from the backseat.

"Calm down," he said, "you're not going to be late."

We were late for school because Josh and Wesley had to go on a run this morning and take forever to get ready.

Josh finally pulled into the senior parking lot and I had two minutes to get to class. With that I got out and walked quickly.

I walked in the auditorium right as the bell rang. First period - Theater.

I went and sat down next to Asher. We met in this class and things just kind of kicked off from there.

Now, I am pretty athletic, considering my brothers force me to work out with them and I play soccer, but I'm also a pretty big theater geek. All my brothers are pretty supportive though, except Brady and Josh.

They always make fun of me until Blake, Wyatt, or Hayden gives them the death stare. Then they straighten up before they get their phones taken. Although since Josh just turned 18, he's starting to act a little more mature. Blake, Wyatt, and Hayden are starting to turn him into a mini them.

Kind of sucks when Josh has been in the "young group" until now. Josh is becoming more strict, less lenient, and less fun. But as we're all getting older, all my brothers are starting to become more strict.

As soon as I sat in my usual seat by Asher, he grabbed my hand. I turned to him and smiled. He gave me the cutest smile back and I couldn't help but kiss him. I leaned in and we kissed, making me smile even more after.

"Okay, hey everyone," our teacher Mr. Moore said. He actually insists we call him Jordan. He's a young teacher, the kind that tries to relate to the kids. He doesn't care what we do, as long as we get our work done. He's extremely chill and probably my favorite teacher of all time. He's also openly gay, so not only is he my teacher, he's kind of like my gay best friend in a way.

"Hey Jordan," the class chimed.

"Okay so, I finally decided what play we're going to put on after Christmas break!" he said excitedly. The class sat up, all of us excited. "We will be performing the play Romeo and Juliet!"

The class burst out in excitement,
all talking to each other about what parts they wanted to try out for."

I immediately looked at Asher. "Oh my gosh!" I said, "You have to be Romeo, and I could be Juliet!"

He smiled. "You'd make a great Juliet, and then I'd have an excuse to kiss you multiple times in front of your brothers," he smirked.

I laughed and playfully punched him in the shoulder. "That would just be a shame for them to have to see that," I said, sarcastically.

"Let's practice right now," he said. He grabbed my face and kissed me passionately.

I laughed, and kissed him back.

"Okay class, auditions will be the day before christmas break, so this Friday! I'll post the results the Monday we get back!" Jordan said.

With that, he handed out the audition scripts, and everyone looked over them the rest of the class, deciding who they wanted to try out for.

The bell rang and I grabbed Asher's hand as he walked me to my next class, which just so happened to be with Brady, because he failed freshman Algebra.

We made it to my class and I faced Asher. I looked up at him and he smiled down on me. "Love you babe," he said.

"Love you too," I said grabbing his hands.

Sorry to include our PDA so much, but after this we kissed. A long kiss, with tongue.

I'll stop there. Asher pulled me into a hug.

"Have a good rest of your day, I'll see you after school," he said.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you too," he said.

Just as we were going into one last kiss, Brady had to come and ruin the moment.

"Okay, enough PDA," he said pulling me away, "lay off my sister a little, thanks bud," he said towards Asher.

I rolled my eyes and let Brady pull me into the classroom, throwing a quick "Love you babe," over my shoulder.

I heard Asher say it back and I smiled to myself.

I sat down next to Brady because the seats just had to be in alphabetical order.

"Look at me," Brady said.

I looked at him dead in the eye, giving no shit about what he had to say next.

"No more kissing," he said poking my shoulder with each word. "I won't say anything to the others, but if I see it again then I will."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I rolled my eyes and waited for the class to start.

The day finally ended and I walked to the hallway where Asher was waiting for me. We joined hands and he walked me to the senior parking lot, where Josh was parked.

Asher actually has a little sister who's a freshman, like me. Her name is Hailey and we've gotten closer since Asher and I started dating. We have biology together. Asher also has an older brother who is a senior. His name is Micah. I'm pretty sure Micah and Josh are friends. They play football together.

I feel the pain for Hailey, being the youngest and only girl. She has to deal with Micah and Asher being overprotective, so we relate a lot.

We made it to Josh's car and I gave Asher a hug. "I'd totally make out with you right now, but not with those three douchebags in the car," I whispered to him.

"Yeah I get it, Hailey's scared as hell to even touch a boy around me," he laughed.

I slapped his shoulder. "Don't be like that," I said, "give her a break older brothers are annoying."

"Whatever," he smirked.

HONK.

I turned and glared at Josh holding up my middle finger. He shot me a bird as well.

"Gotta go, love you babe," I said.

He gave me a quick hug. "Love you too, baby."

I got in the car.

"So," Josh said, " You're making out with him?"

I looked at Brady, he shrugged his shoulders.

"We're gonna have a little talk when we get home," Wesley said.

Fantastic.

Thanks Brady.