Chapter Thirty One

Rosé

Once I'm downstairs, I dart straight for the bar where I grab a fruit punch. The cold ice swimming in the red drink helps settle my burning anger and desire for that jerk.

I want to stay away from him, but my body and heart yearn for him. Every time he looks at me with those enchanting, spellbinding eyes, I surrender—my body and heart surrender. It's not fair to me for him to treat me so hot and cold.

I don't know what to do, I don't want to push him away, but I'm hurt by him constantly breaking my heart.

"Rosé." Chase saunters up to the bar.

Dressed as Romeo—Leo DiCaprio Romeo—Chase looks disgustingly good with his blonde hair bedraggled, pouty lips, and eyes heavy with intoxication. He's been told to stay away from me on campus and after my fight with Daniel, he hasn't bothered me. But outside school, it's fair game.

"You look hot." Chase says.

I ignore him and take a thirty sip of my fruity drink. It's tangy with a sweet aftertaste.

"Want some shots?" Chase reaches behind me and I move away a little.

"No, I don't drink."

Chase smirks.

"That's cute." Chase pours drinks behind me but I'm too unbothered to pay attention to him. My head is too clouded with Daniel and his stupid heartlessness.

Chase grabs one of the cups and holds it in front of me. I stare at the bubbles fizzing in the blue drink.

"No, Chase. I don't drink." I refuse but Chase smiles as if knowing I would reject his offer.

"It doesn't have any alcohol in it, it's just blue lemonade and cherries."

I stare at his face for a moment, hesitating and contemplating whether to take the drink or not but my restless mood makes me reach for the red cup. It doesn't look like it has alcohol in it and besides, even if it is alcohol, a little consumption won't kill me.

And Chase isn't that stupid to spike my drink at a party with a hundred witnesses.

And maybe I deserve a little punishment for being so stupid with Daniel.

As I swallow the cold drink, the lemonade fizzes, and the cherries taste so sweet.

It's tasty.

Chase watches me with a faint wicked smirk. His eyes glide down my body, leering until they rest on my cleavage.

"You wanna dance?" Chase out of the blue asks me.

I stare at him as if he's grown a second head.

"What?"

Chase laughs before I feel his cold fingers wrap around my wrist and drag me to where everyone else is dancing. Chase stands in front of me, hands away from my body.

"Chase, I..." I start but don't find the right words.

"Come on, Rosé." Chase grabs onto my waist, pulling me into his toned body.

My heart begins racing out of anxiousness as his hands caress my waist. I try to push at his chest but he presses my body to his with a rough hold. My breathing starts to grow heavy, with each breath feeling like a weight on my chest.

It's almost amusing and pathetic how I hate everyone's touch except Daniel's. But it's not my fault. I didn't expect to feel protected in his arms, it just happened.

Suddenly my head starts to ache in dizziness.

"My head..." I woozily mumble.

The loud music is banging against my head and it hurts. I blink and my vision starts getting blurry.