Mid-Air

Just like that it was over. Link had won the Wing Ceremony and the lot of you flew back to Skyloft.

Everyone cheered when you all returned but they weren't welcoming you back. They were cheering for Link. He triumphantly raised the colored bird statue and the small crowd clapped. After reluctantly congratulating Link, you stepped to the side with Groose, Cawlin, and Strich.

There was sniffing next to you. You looked to your right see Groose crying. 'What is wrong with him?'

Zelda ran up to Link and met him with an embrace. She giggled as Link smiled warmly to her. The two then set off for the Goddess Statue and you couldn't help but cringe.

You angrily kicked a nearby rock and stormed off towards the waterfall.

"Hey (Y/N)!"

You ignored the strained voice and kept walking.

Zelda annoyed you. She was constantly doting on Link. But the worst part for you was the fact that he seemed to like it. Though unlike Groose, you weren't about to cry about it.

'It is what it is.' You clicked your tongue and sighed.

You were directly across the waterfall. You looked back before crossing the stones. Even though someone called for you they didn't seem to care enough to follow you. You quickly forgot about it.

You now stood atop of the raised stepping stone in the middle and watched the water reflect the sunlight as it flowed down the waterfall.

'Maybe I just need more practice.' You crossed the stones quickly and sat down by the water's edge.

'Or maybe... It was the Goddess's will.'

This notion annoyed you. You gingerly stuck your hand in the crystal clear water and frowned. Whether under divine influence or not, you couldn't shake the way the loftwing had literally passed him the victory.

'Link... playing the Hero for the ceremony with Zelda as the Goddess.'

You then noticed your reflection in the water and slapped at the surface to disturb it.

"Tch."

You were ashamed you had lost. There was no way you were going to talk to the Knight Commander. At least not for awhile. But there was no way to avoid him.

"That's it." You abruptly got up and walked for the small wooden dock that was clinging to the edge of the floating island. "If it's more practice I need then so be it!" You jumped off the platform and called your loftwing.

It came to pick you up with a screech and you immediately boosted away. Something afar caught your eye. You recognized Link's crimson loftwing flying alongside another purple loftwing completely in sync.

'Zelda.'

"Ew." You scrunched your brows in annoyance and hightailed it diagonally.  There was no way you were going to watch that.

It stung you.

Yet as soon as your loftwing had angled itself the wind picked up significantly. Your bird whined in protest, a sign you should land.

But you ignored it.

"It's just a little wind." You ruffed it's (C) feathers. "Link and Zelda are fine and I see no reason not to fly otherwise. Plus, flying in this weather will be good practice." You added reassuringly. 'Now then.' You boosted again.

As soon as you were further away you let it out.

"UGH!" You laid back onto your bird's fur. "I had that! I was on it's tail the entire time!"