15. Exchange

15. Exchange

"Kuma-sensei!"

Kurahashi Hinano was the first to notice the yukata-clad teacher walk over to the common area, arms crossed, tucked inside his yukata instead of the sleeves they belonged in.

It left his chest partially bare, but he wasn't particularly bothered by it.

"Oh, hi guys," the teacher waved with a smile

"Don't 'hi guys!' me!" Maehara retorted on reflex, looking ready to bust a vein, "do you have any idea how worried we were? The hospital called and--"

"Oh, Kanzaki, you're awesome at that game!" Naomasa went right past the over-endearing student, inching over to where the black-haired girl was fiddling away expertly at the arcade cabinet.

Upon noticing the teacher, she flinched and was petrified, which resulted in her instant death, but that wasn't on her mind at all.

"Kuma-sensei!" she called out worriedly, "are you okay?

"Am I?" Naomasa asked back with  confused expression, faking a thinker's pose, "or am I actually a zombie and I don't notice it?"

"Don't joke about that!" Yada snapped.

"You guys aren't any fun at all," Naomasa pouted, "what's a little blood spurting every now and then? Some old guy does that on a daily basis and he's still the Number One Hero--"

"We were worried sick, Kuma-sensei," Kataoka Megu sighed, "you really should tell us when you're not feeling well, y'know?"

"That's right!" Okano Hinata agreed, raising a fist as Sugino nodded, "we couldn't relax after that! Did you hear, Kayano's group had a run in with--"

"That was scary," Okuda piped in, nervous, "some older, high school boys just came out of nowhere and..."

"Kanzaki-san is super pretty, so I was worried," Kayano wrapped herself around Kanzaki's arm, "but don't worry, they didn't do anything to us!"

"Don't worry, we all clobbered them good!" Karma assured.

"Those super-thick guidebooks did come in handy, after all," Nagisa looked so defeated, "though, for more reasons than its content."

"Sounds like a lot happened while I was gone," Nao mused, "I have a lot to catch up on!"

Then they spent the next good while talking about things that happened on their day. 

About how Korosensei caught a bullet with yatsuhashi; how his mucus could stop a bullet; even things like the dumb scenarios in the guidebooks; how they tried to peek into Korosensei's bthing time, to no avail; or how Mimura managed to bonk Takebayashi in the head with a ping pong ball just now.

"Are you really alright now, Kuma-sensei?" asked Isogai, his concern was evident on his face.

Everyone's faces went sullen, and honest gazes were curved to him. There was no room for lies, no leeway to escape from a proper answer.