Chapter 23 - Christmas Night

Isabella Clark

"Alex what are you doing right now?" I asked him via call while i was alone in my apartment.

"Working?" He said.

"This is your last day of working before Christmas right?" I asked him.

"Yes" he said.

"Great I'll be there at 3" i said to him.

"Where?" He asked me.

"Of course to your office" i said.

"You don't really come here except i told you to" he said.

"I just want you to accompany me to buy some gifts" i said to him.

"To who?" He asked me.

"You" i said.

"Of course not dumb ass, for Kelsie and her family" i said.

"Can you just do it alone?" He asked me then i frowned.

"Well.., okay" i said.

"Are you mad?" He asked me.

"No.., not really" i said.

"I'll see you at the gift shop, i have some work to do" he said.

"At 4pm" he said.

"Okay I'll text you later" i said then ended up the phone call.

He never changed, he always can be that cold and always put work over everything. He didn't even celebrate Christmas so what was he doing in Christmas morning for the last 4 years?

~

I had been walking around the mall for an hour looking for the best gift for Kelsie, Noah and her husband Charlie. I had bought a shoes and a shirt for Charlie, a make up set for Kelsie and i was still looking for the gifts for Noah and Kelsie. I felt like when i got more successful i should give people more.

I was walking alone looking through the store windows until my phone was suddenly rang, it was kinda funny though cause it kinda surprised me.

"I'm here where are you?" He asked me.

"I'm in front of the Kenzo store" i said to him.

"I'm close to that store wait there" he said then hung up.

Well he really came and I felt sorry he must be felt tired, i just wanted to bring back Christmas vibes to him. He couldn't be that cold forever he should feel happy and be not so serious about it.

I saw him walking towards me, he took his outer off while still wearing a black shirt and a formal shoes. He looked like a dad, i laughed at my own thoughts.

"What?" He asked me.

"You look like my dad" i said.

"I don't want to look like your dad" he said.

"You should cut those beards, you look younger without it" i said.

"Okay whatever lets buy what you want" he said before we started to walk.

"Next store is the toy shop" i said to him then he just stayed in a silent then follow me.

We got into the toy shop where there were so many kids running around and i could see a worried in his eyes which was funny. I laughed at him but then he just fake smiling, he must be tired.

"What should i buy for Noah?" I asked him.

"I don't know" he coldly said.

"What did you want when you were 7 Alex?" I asked him.