💋𝟐𝟕.

"Certainty is the calm before the storm. . ."
-Stewart Stafford💋

Chapter 27:

August

Bowe Reality

Bowe Reality

"What were you thinkin'!?" Damontrez angrily questioned, glaring at his right-hand man.

August sat in the office of Bowe Reality with a solemn expression, as Damontrez and Damario's eyes burned holes through him. He was defeated. They both knew it. He wore his heart on his sleeve. Even through his designer shades, his eyes couldn't conceal his ignominy.

Guilt tremendously plagued his heart as his head hung low in pure shame, and his anger was etched in a grimace on his handsome face. Stoically recounting all the ways he had caused his current circumstance.

He hated himself for overreacting with Ariel, disgraced even, and knew in all honesty that he had truly fucked up. August knew that his actions were irrational and stupid, but he was acting out of emotion alone, disregarding the voice in the back of his mind telling him to calm down.

It had been his hot head, and his inability to rationalize his anger that had brought him to this point.

"I wun' fuckin' thinkin'." August said. "I just fuckin' snapped, aight? I just wanted ta' get da' truth,"

"Yo' well da' truth is you could've seriously hurt Ari' if we ain't stop yo' crazy ass!" Damontrez reprimanded, pacing back and forth from behind his desk. "I mean you actually blacked out son,"

"Foreal Aug', you gotta' bad temper problem." Damario co-signed, sitting in the chair across from him.

Damontrez nodded in agreeance, "Straight up bruh'! Aug', you gotta' control yourself--"

"--I know mayne'," August stressfully replied, adjusting his snap-back on his head. "I know I need ta' control myself."

August was a ticking time bomb, and the one thing that could set him off was the thought of losing Ariel. Had she been any other woman, his actions would've been the complete opposite and the notion to confront her wouldn't have even arisen, but her history made her different.

Life was not worth living without her. If he was truthful with himself, he had developed a weakness the day he had met Ariel. She was his soulmate, the love of his life who he would move heaven and earth for, and under different circumstances would've never lashed out at her, but today she found herself the victim of his hot head.

"Seriously bruh', you go from zero to a hunnid' real quick when it comes to 'dat girl! You need to learn restraint," Damontrez spoke being imperative, trying to get him to understand the severity of his actions. "You have too!"

"I know," August sighed slouching in his seat. "Ya' right."

"Cause if you don't control yourself, sum'one is gonna' get hurt!" said Damontrez. "Sumn' bad is gonna' happen! I'm tellin' you Aug', you can not do 'dis! I mean, how you know Jarod ain't set 'dis whole shit up from da' jump? For all you know you could be playin' right into his hands!"