93. Leap

Yoongi didn't have much of an imagination

Yoongi didn't have much of an imagination. Moreover, he didn't think he'd actually get the chance to beat the crap out of himself either. But here the fire gem bearer was now, standing across what he assumed was his dark side who was literally burning from head to toe.

Truthfully, Yoongi didn't think that Taehyung's corruption affected them all that much. He thought the only thing the gem did was take advantage of their anger and turn them bloody thirsty murderers. He never even considered this possibility.

"Hey, Yoongi?," Yoongi grunted when you pulled him to his feet. "This other you... he looks so—"

Yoongi didn't need you to finish your sentence for him to know. This other him looked so angry with all the flames that were coating his body. The piercing purple orbs his replica had made a shiver run down the fire gem bearer's spine. Holly whined overhead.

Then Yoongi's replica started to talk— Wait, how was he supposed to call this thing? His replica? Clone? Fake? Anyways

"Playing the hero like a fool," This other Yoongi chuckled. The nails of his hands grew to long talons. "You think doing any of this can make you a better man?"

Yoongi gritted his teeth as his eyes burned a bright orange. The heat of hot blue flames brushed his face as they coated his whole body. He could feel your gaze on his face.

"Whatever you do, think or say— you are nothing."

With a deep breath, Yoongi closed his eyes. He could almost see his mother standing in front of him and saying the same thing. With the memory of her shouts and strikes, the fire gem bearer's hands balled into fists.

"You always will be."

The ground beneath Yoongi's feet shattered as he broke into a sprint. His teeth sharpened into fangs as he pierced through the air. Flame wings sprouted on his back, scales dotting his cheeks and hands.

Yoongi gripped his fake's neck tightly, his claws digging into the flesh. He was surprised that he could actually touch this replica, especially since the fire gem bearer expected his fingers to brush through a figure of mist instead.

"Listen here, you fake piece of crap," Yoongi growled at his replica's face, not entirely sure if you were really screaming his name or not. "I am sick and tired of hearing that all the damn time!"

Fake Yoongi didn't respond to that, instead he gave the real Yoongi a malicious grin. This almost made the fire gem bearer rip out his replica's throat.

"All my life, I've been told the same thing, that I can never make it," Yoongi took deep breaths as he recalled all the mistreatment he endured for years. "That I'm nothing. Well fuck that!"

Yoongi released his grip on his replica and stood up. Whilst stepping on his fake's neck, his flame wings burned brighter and grew larger.

"I don't care what you people think," Yoongi whispered slowly with a trembling jaw. "In fact—"