Mini journal (V.H)

Violet's journal

June 8th, 1953

Dearest dumb book,

I, Violet, am thoroughly in love with the charming Charles.

I made a list because I felt super swoon-ish over him today. I don't even know why. I just looked at him and was overwhelmed with affection.

REASONS THAT I, VIOLET WINTER, LOVE BUDDY HOLLEY

1. Buddy is HANDSOME. He's just so good looking. It kills me everytime I look at him. His hair is a really pretty brown and it's wavy. Even though he hates it, it's so cute. His eyes are like doe eyes. They're a deep brown and I love them. When he laughs, the scrunch up and I love looking into them. They're so pretty. And his nose and ears and cheeks and eyebrows and everything on him is so perfect. He's a tall and lanky guy, but I don't mind at all. He's just skinny. It doesn't matter, I love him anyway.

2. His GLASSES. He hates hates hates his glasses, but they're so cute. They look so good on him! I! Love! Them! They frame his face so well. Ugh, I love them.

3. He SINGS. He's such a great singer! He's always singing and humming and it's so soothing. I love hearing him sing. I love when he sings to me. I swoon!

4. He plays GUITAR. He's such a great guitar player! He's so so talented! He makes guitar look so easy, but it's so hard! He's had me try, and he's tried to teach me, but my fingers aren't that agile. I can only do percussion. When he plays, it's like everything in my world stops for a while. All my stress melts away.

5. He's HILARIOUS. He is one of the funniest people that I have ever met. He can make a joke out of everything! We both have a dark sense of humor, so we click. There's not a day that goes by that he doesn't make me laugh. When I'm sad, he can always get me to smile.

6. He's THERE FOR ME. Whenever I'm upset or sad, Buddy always comes around. He lets me vent and cry. He lets me just scream to him about all my frustrations. Always.

7. He's SMART. Not in a school way, but in a different way. He has common sense about anything and everything. He also knows so so much about music and music artists and architecture and cars and ugh.

8. He knows ME. He always, always, always knows exactly how I'm feeling and he knows how to make me feel better. He always knows exactly what to bring me. He brings me literally anything I ask for, it's so sweet.

9. We like the same MUSIC. We both like rock and roll and some blues and a tiny bit of western (I love you, Hank Williams). We can talk about music for hours.

10. His FAMILY. His family is better than mine. They are so loving and caring and kind and they actually like me! They always welcome me. Buddy doesn't even have to be home and I could just walk in and they wouldn't mind. I could show up on their doorstep with a suitcase, and they could let me live there. They're so amazing!

11. He is my BEST FRIEND. Enough said. He's my absolute best friend ever.

12. He is AMBITIOUS. If he wants something, he will get it, no matter how hard he has to work. He has goals and he fully intends to reach them.

13. He is a GOOD KISSER. No, like really good. I was honestly SHOCKED at how good he is. Jesus, I love kissing him.

14. He does HOMEWORK with me. Even if he doesn't have any, he keeps me company and helps me and entertains me and maybe might distract me once in a while by kissing me but I love it.

15. His EVERYTHING. Really, I think he's the perfect man for me. He is such an amazing human being and I am most definitely in love with him.

A/n: I'm so sorry for this trash lil excerpt I'm just running on empty and have been for a while, I'm trying to get more stuff up here soon.