Chapter 8

Katrin's POV (continued)

I'm pregnant

Terry was jumping up and down from joy while I was just staring at her confusion and shock in my face.

How can I be pregnant? Of course, I know how sex work but I never imagined getting knocked up by a one night stand. This was crazy first having your hook up work for you and now having the baby of that hook-up. 

How do I even explain this to anyone, I can't just say 'hey, I'm pregnant because of one night of foolishness.' that sounds stupid, I can't have my business associates thinking I'm careless and irresponsible.

How will I break this news to my father? I know he will never do me harm but I'm sure he will be greatly disappointed by me. I was always so sure of everything and was always careful in my actions. 

To make matters worst I don't even know how to raise a child. I never was one for having children due to responsibilities with the business filing up. Sure I am CEO of a multi-billion dollar empire but I don't think being successful in work assures me of being successful at being a mother as well.

Terry hugging me broke me from my thoughts.

"I'm so happy for you Kat, finally something beautiful happened to you"

"I don't know what to do Terry," I said sounding defeated.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know how to be a mother. I rarely mingle with other people and now I have to raise a human being"

"Kat you are a great person and I know you will be a great mother. It may be tricky at first but I will always be here to help and also your father. I know for sure he will go crazy happy with the news" Terry said with determination.

"How will I even tell my father and others especially when I start to show. OH MY GOD! they would think I'm a whore and a bitch!" I said panic evident in my voice.

"Kat relax, your father will accept it and will be static with having a grandchild, and as for the others, they could fuck themselves for all I care. What's important is you're happy and that the baby is healthy and love."

"You're really one to treasure Terry. I would be a big mess if it weren't for you being here."

"Soo....  I know it's a lot to take in and all and we are happy with this news, buuttt...."

"but what?"

Terry eyed me and as if weighing her question but still asked.

"who's the father?"

This I may say is the million dollar question. I trust Terry with my life but there's this anxiety telling me that when I tell her she will most likely judge me.

"I don't think that's important at the moment"

"what do you mean? Of course, it's important, you can't possibly get pregnant without being with someone"

"Terry I don't want to talk about the father okay?"

"Why? do you not trust me??" Terry said with hurt in her voice.

"Fine!"

"so? come on, tell me"

"it's Kris" I whispered under my breath.

"what? It's either I became deaf or you became mute. Come on Kat tell me, you know I won't tell anyone I even swear on my mother grave"

"Kris"

"Ha??"

"Kris Smith is the father"

Terry looks astounded, surprised and confused all at the same time. I can't blame her. I feel all those emotions too.

"Kris Smith was the one you had that one night with? You mean Kris Smith our new Finance Manager, who is a lesbian, right? The Kris Smith who every straight and lesbian girl in this building is swooning about got you pregnant???? How???" 

Wow! so everyone has a crush on her now? well, she is handsome after all and that smile, God! that smile could turn anything straight to bend.

"She's intersex according to my investigator"

"you dug up her life, wow!! well, you sure are lucky to have her. I mean everyone tries their hardest to have her attention but she declines everyone but here you are carrying her child"

"I don't even know how to tell her"

"You really have to tell her. This kid needs both its parent growing up"

"I know but first I have to tell my father first"

"speaking of the devil" 

my father was calling, perfect timing.

"Dad, hey, can I talk to you in person?"

"Sure honey, I'll be waiting at home"

"Okay, I'm coming home in a few. goodbye"

I hung up without waiting for his reply. I have to tell him before Kris, maybe my father can give me some advice about this situation.

Looking at Terry I told her to cancel my appointments for the afternoon and to reschedule them some other time. She told me it will be okay and to be careful and I'm off.

Getting inside our house I summoned all my courage and went to our dining area where my dad will probably waiting for me. I was right.

"Dad"

"Hey pumpkin, how's your day?" dad said hugging me

"Dad I need to tell you something," I said with a rush

"Sit down honey, are you alright? you look pale pumpkin" dad said with concern

"dad, there's something....."

"you can tell me anything honey, you know that, right?"

I nod and for the thousand times, today took a huge breath and just cross my fingers cross.

"Dad I'm pregnant"

It was silent and then all of a sudden I was engulfed in a massive and tight hug.

"Congrats honey!! that's great news the most amazing news I ever heard in my entire life"

 To say I was shocked was an understatement. I know my father loves me but still, I didn't expect this reaction.

"you're not mad?"

"of course not, I'm so happy. I can now imagine kids running around this house giggling and laughing doing crazy kid things"

Thank God dad took that well but I can never be so calm after all. As if on cue he asks me the same million dollar question.

"who's the father"

How do I tell this to him? I never lied to him and if ever I lie he would surely tell his people to investigate and that will lead me to so much trouble. Honesty is the best policy after all.

"actually it's a she"

"what do you mean?"

"the father is a woman but an intersex so... surprise?!"

Dad went quite and I was sweating myself out. I don't want him to harm Kris, truth be told Kris is a nice person and I want to raise the kid with her in some arrangement.

"well then, I will talk to her tomorrow so we can plan"

"plan what??"

"You're wedding"