2 - Lily Celeste

I stare quietly at the full person mirror in front of me and nod quietly. It took me several hours of internal debate and a lot of confusion, but I've more or less grasped the situation I am in.

Before anything else, I died. I am no longer Rei, but Lily.

After I woke up again, my head filled with the memories of the life of this current body, Lily Celeste. Lily Celeste is apparently the daughter of Marquess Adam Celeste, a noble, basically almost the same as a samurai, with the duty of protecting the eastern borders of the Ristaze Kingdom.

Lily is a beauty, by the standards of this place. With silky hair and soft eyes dyed the colors of the southern oceans, she stands out among the crowd. Her porcelain white skin is free of blemishes and her figure slender. However... Her pale pink pouty lips were curled into a sullen look. My sullen look...

This girl is destined to be executed.

At first I thought the name of Lily and the country were just coincidences, but after hearing the conversations of the hei- maids... I understood the situation very quickly.

I have reincarnated into a foolish love novel, which I had bought in my former life from a foreigner out of sheer curiosity. A book that I didn't even bother to finish reading.

Lily Celeste was the 'villainess' that harassed and schemed against the 'heroine'. The book even used these words to describe the characters, even if neither of them truly acted the part. Lily was condemned and executed at the end of the story by the crown prince for 'bullying', while the Heroine ended up with the affection of multiple high status men, including said prince. I had thought she would pick one at the end, but skipping to the last page merely left you hanging with all of them holding their hands out to her with loving gazes.

Either way...

The point is, the future queen laid hand on the future King's lover and got executed, probably so the lover could replace her.

With a personality like that, I have no interest in being engaged, but unfortunately it's already too late. She, and thus I, was engaged to him 3 years ago, on her 5th birthday.

Ever since then, the engagement has been the only thing Lily has been working hard on, and frankly she is failing at the main issue, as the crown prince strongly dislikes her. Other than the things she must learn as a queen, Lily doesn't appear to have had any hobbies, other than fawning over said prince and gaining political favor to secure her position. It's an unhealthy obsession.

By the standards of my former clan, Lily would be considered a disgrace and thus useless, for while her manners are flawless, she is scheming and cruel... much like the filthy clan of that woman.

Furthermore, Lily both has and had no abilities other than intrigue and being an economic burden in the story, even though there were indeed options for women here to help out with running the household, which in Lily's case should be running a mansion, castle or palace.

Socially Lily is a menace. Bad events in the book had ended up being caused by Lily in one way or another... and not only events in the future. Lily's selfish behavior has already caused a lot of trouble. By the age of 8 she has already become the image of what every little boy does not want in a woman.

This is probably where you wonder why was is the fiancé of the crown prince in the first place.

Her body is strongly blessed with the element of water. She has pure water mana and a lot of it. This is also why her hair color is an unnatural light blue color. This on top of her status as a high noble meant she was going to be considered one of the five most powerful people in Ristaze in the future, where she is the only girl, and the female water mage with the strongest potential. A truly fortunate child in that aspect. If she had just been a decent girl, then she likely could have been the most politically powerful woman in the country, if not for the heroine.