07. Nonchalant

"They were coming out of your room, Jimin," Taehyung was tapping his toes against the floor, "Are you sure you don't know what they stole?"

"I'm sure, moron, and even if they did steal anything it's okay, I can just replace it," Jimin shrugged but Taehyung didn't respond, eyes trained to the ground as he tried to replay what had happened earlier, trying to remember if he could visualise what it was they had taken.

"Stop being such a pain, Jimin, can you look through your shit properly?"

"Tae, what is wrong with you? If this had happened to you, you'd have said the same thing, I can just replace whatever it is. Why are you acting this way?"

"Someone stole something-"

"Is this because you didn't do anything about it, Tae?"

Taehyung gave him a flat look, as if to say 'Yeah right', but he hated how he hit the nail right on the head.

"C'mon, you can't blame yourself for this," Jimin reached to pat him on the shoulder but Taehyung swat it away.

"Who said I'm blaming myself? I just hated the way the person looked at me... that's it."

"Yes Tae, I believe you, just gonna tell you again, don't blame yourself for anything that happened, okay?"

They weren't the best at talking, these two. Sure, they cared about each other but they were more the type to show through their actions rather than words.

Which explained why Taehyung rolled his eyes, mind still not moving from the subject. But he knew Jimin meant well.

Jimin sighed, taking his phone out, "I have some people coming over soon, can we talk later?"

Taehyung nodded, picking up his coat and walking himself out of Jimin's room. He knew by some people Jimin really meant his 'entertainment' for the night, and he wanted to be out before seeing who it was - because of the high chance that he'd recognise them as someone he's already slept with.

However, Taehyung was hardly through his own door before he got a call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Lee Jiwon's guardian?"

He looked back at his phone to see his secretary's name on the caller ID.

"Uh, sorry?"

"You were his first contact on speed dial, this is Seoul National Hospital, he has been in quite a severe accident."

"He's what? Is he alright?"

"I think this is a better conversation to have in person, but for now all I can tell you is that he is stable."

After they hung up, he was out the door again, pulling his coat on and heading for his car. How was it that he was his first contact on speed dial? Taehyung never met up with his secretary outside of work, wouldn't it be more fit to have a family member on there instead of him?

"We need to watch over him until he comes to. Luckily the bullet didn't cut into any major arteries, so he's okay for now." the doctor was telling Taehyung while they watched his secretary from the window to his room, "Would you be able to contact his family to inform them of this news?"

Taehyung sighed and shook his head, "Do you have any records on your computer on him? I don't know how to contact his family."

The truth was that when it came to his workers, he knew close to nothing about them.

The doctor nodded, "I'll let a nurse know, thank you."

"Shit, now what?" Taehyung mumbled under his breath as he looked to his secretary lying, limp in the hospital bed. Who was going to look after his timetable now?

He instinctively turned his phone on, going to call Jimin immediately. Sure, Taehyung was the type of person to handle everything on his own, however, when he didn't know what to do, only one person would come to mind.

But he stopped. Remembering that the night was young and that Jimin wasn't much different to himself. Right now he would definitely not be grazing alone on his couch, waiting for his call.

Instead, he decided to message him.

Taehyung: I need you to ask your secretary to cover for mine for a few weeks

Surprisingly, his reply came faster than expected.

Jimin: What happened?

Furrowing his eyebrows, Taehyung also replied.

Taehyung: I thought you had company tonight?

Jimin: Oh they're gone ;)

Taehyung: You didn't answer my question, can you ask your secretary to cover mine as well?

Jimin: She should be able to, and if not we can ask one of the other directors' secretaries. Like Mr Yang, God knows that old hag never does anything.

Jimin: But why? Did something happen?

And of course, that's where Taehyung started to ignore his messages, putting his phone back into his pocket and walking back to the reception.

"Hi there, I'm a... colleague of the patient in room 203, have you been able to contact his family?"

The receptionist was looking right into his eyes as if she couldn't tear her gaze from his. Although he was used to this reaction, he knew how others saw him.

When she finally looked down to her computer, she was tapping at the keys for a few seconds before looking up again.

"Yeah, so we contacted his sister, she's currently overseas but will be flying back as soon as she can. She's asked to be kept post-"

"Alright, well I won't be needed here anymore," he cut her off and she looked confused.

"His sister said she won't be able to come for ano-"

"I'm going to need to make arrangements now to accommodate for this... inconvenience," his hands were in his pockets now, "If I am needed again, please contact my secr- Please call this number," he corrected himself, pulling out a company card, he passed it over the table. "Thank you."

And with that, he was gone.