Ch. 3

We got to Susan and my dad checked her out. When he lifted the hood, smoke came out and made him cough. He called a tow truck which took Susan to our mechanic. Our mechanic John told us there was nothing they could do to save Susan.

After my dad said his goodbyes to Susan we left home. I told my dad I had to get a ride from a lady named Sinu to get home. That she lived around corner. It so happened my mom knew her, she called her and asked if she could give me a ride to school until I got my own car. She had to take her daughter to school too so it kinda worked out.

I finished doing my homework and took a shower. My phone chimed signaling I had a text.

Alexa: Pick me up and take me to McDonalds!! Im hungry!!!

Me: No! Car broke down.

Alexa: Loser

Alexa is always kinda violent so her language doesn't surprise me.

I laid down on my bed to sleep. I have to wake up early tomorrow since Sinu is picking me up.

______

I was waiting for Sinu to pick me up, maybe I can finally meet her daughter. I saw the grey mini van park outside. I grabbed my bag and walked out. It was only Sinu inside.

"Good morning Lauren." I greeted her back.

"Sorry you couldn't meet Karla today. She said she had to leave early." I nodded I didn't have much to say. Twenty minutes later we got to school she dropped me off and I walked inside but since Sinu dropped my off on the other side of campus, I didn't run into any sluts. I went to English and sat in my spot.

Class started as usual, Lucy and Alexa whispered around me as I stared at the board.

The door flew open and in walked Camila.

"Ms. Cabello why are you late?"

Camila walked over to take her seat.

"Sorry, we got a flat tire on our way here. I had to wait for my driver to fix it."

Wow. I wish I had my own driver. Then I wouldn't have to be asking for rides. Class was over and I walked to my next class. I past by Camila's desk where she was packing her bag. She looked up but quickly looked away from me.

Hmm. I was expecting a wink or something.

__________

"So since tomorrows Friday, I say we go bowling. Lauren could pick us up. I already told Troy so he's coming as well. I could just sit on his lap or something." Ally told us. I was at lunch with my four friends, Alexa, Lucy, Ariana, and Ally.

Every Friday we go out some where. I usually drive them around, since I'm the only one with a license.

"Ally why didn't you tell us you were inviting Troy?" Ariana asked.

"Well I don't usually have to tell you guys."

"Well you should've, I don't have a car so we can't go anyways." I said taking a bite from my sandwhich.

Ally groand. They all know how old my car is. And it's not the first they heard about it braking down.

"Ughh Lauren again?" Ally whined.

"Ally chill. We'll take yours." Alexa chimed in.

"We can't. I ran into the garbage bin last week and my dad wont let me drive." That's just great. No one else has a car.

We all groaned. We always do something on Fridays it's almost like a tradition of ours.

"Well how baut we just walk to Starbucks after basketball practice. We could wait until you guys finish." Ariana told us. Her and Ally don't play basketball, but they do go and support Alexa, Lucy, and I at our games even if they hate the sport.

"I don't have a ride to go." I said. This would be so much easier if I had a car.

"Then just come over to my house after practice and we'll walk from there. Papa J could pick you up at my house after." I nodded and sent my mom a text.

"So how did you get to school today Laur?" Lucy asked.

"I got a ride from a lady, she actually gave me a ride to my house when she saw me stranded on the road after my car broke down. So now she's driving my to and from school. Well except the days we have practice." I said sadly.

"Now that is a kind hearted women. God bless that lady. Look at her, she doesn't even know you and she's giving you rides to a school that's on the other side town. Wow." Ally gushed out nodding her head.

"Oh Saint Ally, she has a daughter that comes here anyways."

"Oh really who she?" Alexa asked.

"Is she one of your Laurenizers?" Lucy asked.

"Eww Lucy don't say that!!" Ariana screeched.

"Ugh you know what I mean. Is she one of your fans or what?" Lucy asked again leaning closer to me.

"I don't know. I haven't seen her. All I know is that her name is Karla"

They all stayed quiet thinking of any Karla's they knew about. Hmm I wonder who she is? I looked around the room to see all the brunette girls that could possibly be that mystery girl.

I was interrupted by my phone vibrating with a new text from my mom.