Chapter 19:The Truthful and Embarrassing Moments in the Dang Hotel

When I was ten,I had started reading romance novels(in Greek,remember?Demigods have difficulty reading other languages).The way the writer described a kiss shared between two had really made me want to try a kiss.Of course,I couldn't just grab any random guy and kissed him(eww).I would be labelled as the serial kisser in the orphanage.

  I used to think,Maybe I'll die without experiencing a first kiss.But here I was,about to kiss a guy.An incredibly hot and sexy guy.(Pretend you didn't hear that.)

  My breath rasped in my throat as I tried to control my breathing.I was literally shaking with anticipation,hoping and wanting Nico to kiss me right there and then.My heart pounded so loudly I was sure the whole world could hear it.

  Our eyes were slightly closed now as we hesitantly moved closer.I was thanking the gods that I wouldn't die without experiencing a first kiss when suddenly the door clicked open.In a split second we  broke away from our almost-a-kiss scene.Annabeth stepped into the room,gazing at us suspiciously.

  "Do you guys...need a moment?I can go..."Annabeth turned away awkwardly.

  "No!"Nico and I exclaimed in a chorus.Annabeth rose one of her eyebrows and shrugged as Nico left the room without even a wave.

  When the door closed,Annabeth immediately hopped on my bed,her grey eyes glittering brightly and mischeviously.I stared at her,my eyes widened in disbelief.

  "So,"she started,rubbing her hands together gleefully."Did you kiss him?How was it?"

  "Are you really Annabeth Chase?"I studied her,my eyes still wide.I couldn't believe that this mischevious and curious girl was the same serious and logical girl named Annabeth Chase.

  "Of course,"Annabeth said smiling,waving her hand."Don't try to change the subject;just say it!"

  "We didn't kiss,"I said slowly,wondering if she would be disappointed about it.Indeed,there was a flicker of frustration in her eyes,but it was gone in a second.

  "I knew I shouldn't have come in this early,"she mumbled to herself.

  My cheeks burnt,and I desparately changed the subject so that my face wouldn't be burnt in another minute."How about you?Who do you like?"I blurted.She took the bait,turning so red,I would have thought that we were sitting in the middle of a desert getting fried.

  "P-P-P--"I raised my eyebrows in encouragement,and she took a deep breath."Percy."

  My world froze for a second or two."P-P-P-Percy?"I stammered loudly as a strange strong feeling began to stir in my chest.