save her

"and hurry! i shall be waiting where the shrines intersect".

link hurriedly rushed over to the temple of time and the old man called above him.

"up here! quickly now!"

link obliged and went to pray. after praying, link felt a little bit stronger than he was before.

he noticed a ladder on the side and quickly climbed it. he met the old man in a small opened room at the top.

"i am king rhoam bosphoramus hyrule, the last king we know this land as hyrule."

link was certainly shocked, but was eager to hear more from the king. however, link felt out of place as he was wearing a dirty beige shirt with pants that were cut off a little bit too short at the ankles. 

yikes.

the king explained the downfall of hyrule and calamity ganon, the demon king.

he talked of war and how many innocent people lost their lives including the four champions of hyrule. the king looked over at link as he mentioned his daughter, zelda, but saw no recollection in link's eyes and felt a feeling of disappointment and sadness. he then explained link's next task but returned to the topic of his daughter.

"you must save her, link"

"save my daughter..."

the king vanished in thin air and link didn't know what to do or what to feel.

who was this princess zelda? why doesn't he remember anything? why did someone like himself have to save her?

link glided down the temple of time and looked at his slate.

"kakariko village it is."