Christmas Special

"I do not understand the meaning of these new decorations the village has put up ever since last week. I do not appreciate such tacky things marring my place of stay." said Naruto to his team while staring with disdain at the huge tree in the middle of the village. Team seven sweatdropped at his actions.

"They are Christmas decorations, Naruto." said Kakashi.

Naruto scoffed."Of course. A day in which the peasants exchange petty gifts and half-hearted platitudes. Usually spent with family, as if a person's relatives mean more on one specific day. How quaint. I did not have such disgusting things in my kingdom. Even when he was alive."

"Did you say something?"

"How boring." He muttered. "Will you be partaking in the giving of gifts like the other peasants."

"Yes." said his 'comrades'.

"I think the holiday is nothing but the exchange of trifles, to appease one's moral conscience. As king, I need no conscience, and there is nothing valuable in this world I don't already have. What do I stand to gain from such an event? I do not understand since to humans wealth is what drives them." said Naruto.

Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi sweatdropped.

"Giving gifts is a symbol of your affection for another person, and that 's what matters." said Sakura.

Gilgamesh threw back his head and laughed at her answer. "And yet, these peasants, give gifts to those they loathe, hoping it will mask their hatred for one another. What useless people this age has become." And he left.

Naruto frowned in sadness as he walked towards his house. Enkidu...you might've liked this festival. I wish you were here. 

When Naruto entered his house he found a familiar green haired girl sitting on one of his sofas.

"Kai! This is not possible! Is it really you...Enkidu?"

"Hai, it's me Gil." said Enkidu.

A tear left his eyes. He hugged his one and only friend after millennia.

"I have missed you Enkidu. I am sorry. I caused your death. I-"

"Shh, it's not your fault Gilgamesh."

"But-"

"It's okay my friend." Enkidu smiled gently.

"How are you here?"

"It was your mother."

"My mother?"

"Yes."

"H-How?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Enkidu pointed behind Naruto. Naruto looked where she was pointing and his eyes widened when he saw a familiar blonde-haired woman.

"It's good to see you, my son." said the woman.

"M-Mother?" Naruto whispered

"It's been a while." said Ninsun.

"Why are you here?"

"We are here for Christmas of course. It is a holiday spent with family after all." said Enkidu.

"Merry Christmas Gilgamesh." said Enkidu and Ninsun together as they smiled gently.

Naruto's eyes widened and smiled. A genuine smile, not the usual mocking smirks. A smile that is only for his mother, Ninsun, and his only true friend, Enkidu.

"We must go." said Ninsun.

Naruto's eyes widened in fear. "No! Please don't leave me again! Please! Don't leave me alone again!"

Enkidu and his mother put their hands on where his heart was. "We are always with you in here, Gilgamesh."

"Goodbye son." Ninsun smiled gently as she disappeared in a golden light.

"It was good to see you Gil. Thank you for being my friend." Enkidu kissed his cheek and disappeared like his mother.

"Thank you for being here mother, Enkidu." Naruto smiled even though he was crying. "Maybe this holiday is not as trivial as I thought it'd be."