... and the foretold army

"Fire Queen [Name]," an attendant greeted you quietly.

A wave of your hand was your response to her. You continued to stare at yourself in the mirror, sheer amazement painting your face. You were obviously still in awe of your title: Fire Queen [Name].

After returning from your honeymoon, your mind had been in a daze. You were letting your title get to your head, mostly because you were being referred to as the Queen of Fire. Fire was your bitch... which was pretty cool.

"Now that you're married," you heard your mom say in the background. "You have to produce an heir."

"Not now," you hummed as you began to change your garments with the attendant's help. "Zuko wants to focus on Republic City first."

"W-What? So I'm not having any grandchildren?"

You rolled your eyes. "Mom, I'm not spitting out children until I want them. Zuko and I have a million things on our plate before we begin a family."

"Tch, I see," she crossed her arms.

"Now, behave at dinner today. The Avatar and friends are joining us... and don't pull any surprises like last time."

"I should be saying that to you," she mumbled.

>>>> 

Dinner went without a hitch, causing you to become unnerved. Everyone was happy, talking, and enjoying one another's company. Your mother was behaving herself and so were you. The evening was absolutely perfect which triggered your instinct. Something was brewing in the midst of these satisfied faces.

"Fire Lord Zuko," your mother spoke up once she finished dessert. Your husband idly glanced at her as did you, and you both froze at the mischievous glint in her eyes. You didn't have a chance to stop her from speaking as she quickly responded.

"Who will you choose to be your next heir? After all, you won't be having any children," she asked innocently.

There was confusion in his optics. "We are having children."

"Yeah! We're going to have an army of them!" you added hastily in hopes of securing your husband's reputation. "Tons of them. You'll think we repopulated a new Fire Nation."

You took a peek at Zuko's expression to see if you did well. He just facepalmed and you heard snickers from the others. Maybe your defense was a little too strong?

"The foretold army of the Fire Nation," Toph laughed, "full of honor!"

"Exactly!" you chirped.

"She's making fun of us," Zuko groaned. "It's not a compliment."

"Well, I think it's great. We need a new generation for the Republic," Katara added her input.

"Yeah but... an army of Zuko's kids?" Toph continued to tease.

You frowned. "He's not that bad."

"That wasn't a believable defense," Zuko sighed.

"You shouldn't be irresponsible and have that many kids," your mother sternly reprimanded you.

All that was heard afterwards was a loud crash, caused by you slamming your head onto your plate and breaking it in half. Your mother was annoying!