... and the fire

You traveled down the corridors of the palace in search of your grandson. Today was the day you would meet the woman that captured his heart... but you had yet to spot them. You searched the entire palace all morning and were beginning to feel defeated.

When you decided to enter the main dining room for tea, you overheard an almost unrecognizable voice and your daughter.

"I was just hoping to see Zuko," the person stated in a rushed manner.

"My father is currently away. He'll be back in the afternoon."

'Wait, that other voice is!' You hurried your steps until your eyes landed on the Avatar. "Korra!"

The tan female noticed you from the distance and stood from her seat, "Uh... Oh! You're Zuko's wife, right? It's an honor to finally meet you."

Your grin widened. "How exciting is it that the Avatar is visiting us?!"

"Mom, you have a little too much energy," Izumi sighed. "You should be resting."

"Pfsh, resting is for babies. We should fight, Avatar Korra!" you declared excitedly.

Your daughter sighed with disbelief as Korra's jaw dropped to the ground. "Like Agni Kai?!"

"No, no," you waved your hand. "I want to show you a move or two with a nice match."

Having no qualms about learning new moves and killing time, Korra quickly accepted your proposal. "All right, sure!"

>>>>

"What is going on?" Zuko asked as he strolled up beside Izumi.

"Mother and Korra are fighting," she replied as she continued to watch the fight.

"... She's never going to stop loving fire is she?" he chuckled to himself.

"You mean fighting."

"No, fire."

"Zuko, look! Korra can transfer lightning now," you exclaimed to your husband. You pointed at the Avatar, who was currently playing with the lightning that you directed at her.

He shook his head. "The things she does..."

"Mother is either going to live longer than you or die today," Izumi commented as she left the arena.

Zuko waited patiently from his spot until you finished with Korra and sped over to him. "Well, time to take a nap," you hummed while kissing him softly.

Zuko ran his fingers through your locks, fixing the stray strands. "No more fights for the year. It's bad for your health."

"Fine, fine. I'm just happy to have taught some firebending tricks to Korra." You sat in the nearest seat and let out a long sigh. "It's been a while since I've let out some steam."

Seeing your infinitely happy expression brought on a wide smile on Zuko's face. There was a sense of satisfaction permanently etched in you, and it was because your life was filled with everything you loved: your children, your grandson, your (somewhat) prodigy Korra, your husband, and fire.

"Thank you, Zuko."

He blinked a few times. "For what?"

Your eyes met his. "For everything."

He wasn't expecting to be touched by your words, but his heart swelled with joy.

"And for letting me buy 20 liondogs."

The happy moment you both were having crashed and burned. "... I didn't allow that."

"But they're so cute! I couldn't help but buy them all from the zoo."

.

.

.

There was the unpredictable Fire Queen he fell for.

"Return them this instant!"

At least there was never one dull moment.

___________

Author's note: Well, that's the end, folks! Thank you to everyone who read the story and commented. I really tried to respond to them but after a while I failed miserably. Anyways, this again is dedicated to the lovely shiomu. Hope you all enjoyed the story! <3

Also, there's a sequel now with Zuko's grandson called 'The Unpredictable Adventures'. It's first chapter is out, go check it out~