43

43 : sweet cheeks
song : l.o.v.e. - frank sinatra

"You're going to get auctioned off, sweet cheeks?" Ian smirked from across the table as I stood from my seat after they called over the intercom for the girls to line up

"You're going to get auctioned off, sweet cheeks?" Ian smirked from across the table as I stood from my seat after they called over the intercom for the girls to line up. I rolled my eyes at him, a smile playing on my lips at his callous demeanor.

"I am, ya gonna buy me, darlin'?" I put on my best southern accent as I pushed my chair in, cocking my head to the side at the chuckling Ian.

"Paws off, buddy, Vitale might shoot you in the leg, under the table." Kyle joked from beside Alanna, his arm draped around the back of her chair as she chuckled along with them.

Vitale shrugged, "He has a point." A grin traced his lips and I shook my head before picking up the bottom of my ballgown, turning on my heel before I got scolded by my mother on being tardy.

"See you later, losers." I winked over my shoulder, making my way over to the steps next to the stage where four other girls were lined up.

Honestly, I have no idea who any of these girls are, but we were all here for the same reason: a charitable cause but also in hopes to not get bought by some creepy old man who sends shivers down our spines'.

I stood at the end of the line, glancing over the crowd as we waited for Jack to introduce everyone. My eyes landed on Ian who easily winked at me without missing a beat, his lips pulling up into smirk before Vitale caught him and smacked him easily up alongside the head.

What is it with these guys and their abuse towards one another?

Jack's voice over the speakers tore me away from where my attention had beed and to where he stood at the podium, looking a little ruffled.

"Good evening again, ladies and gents, let's waste no time and just begin, shall we?" He grinned and the crowd erupted into polite clapping. "First up we have Sally, she wants to be a veterinarian and loves animals deeply. She's 21 with a bright future and a bubbly personality, can we get five thousand?" He motioned to the girl at the front of the line who was now stood on the stage to the side of him.

I cringed at his introduction, but I guess there isn't anything thats not cringe worthy about the whole situation other than the fact that it happens to be for a good cause.

A man raised a paddle, bidding five thousand.

"We have five thousand! Do we have ten thousand? Five thousand going once, going–"

Before Jack had the chance to finish his sentence another man further back in a pin stripped suit raised  his paddle and Jack continued once more.

"We have ten thousand? Do we have fifteen thousand? Ten thousand! Going once? Going twice? Sold! To the gentleman in the back!"

The next three girls went in the same fashion, the second girl's dance was sold for twenty thousand, well surpassing all the other girls. She seemed fairly proud of herself as she trotted off the stage, a grin dancing on her face.