Chapter 26

Another two weeks had passed albeit very slowly. Everyday just seemed to amalgamate into one monotonous day. I felt like a robot, I woke up went to work and then in the evening I returned home and spent the night pitying myself. I slouched around the apartment and one night I watched the entire Bridget Jones Trilogy. I scoffed an entire tub of ice-cream that night. That’s usually what my days consisted of.

I’ve barely even seen Cassio these past weeks. Occasionally he will call me and ask me out to dinner but I usually refuse and tell him that I’m really busy or incredibly tired. He thinks that I’m stressing over planning for the wedding. God the wedding...I feel bad for stringing him along. I need to honestly woman up and break the news to him. I just hope he doesn’t hate me. Who am I kidding this is Cassio when is he ever angry. I wish he would get angry though then it would be easier to break up with him.

I just wanted everything to go back to the way it was before Iver arrived. Life was so simple back then when that egotistical bastard wasn’t ruining everything. I just wish I had met Cassio beforehand when he would have been the perfect guy for me. I could have had an amazing future with Cassio. We could have had a nice big house in the suburbs of Paris, with a couple of dogs and maybe even a few kids.

The idea brought tears to my eyes. I could feel them soaking into the pillow my head was resting on. I pulled the duvet up over my head and just screamed. I let any pent up stress and anger out. After a couple of seconds of an ear-splitting scream, I pulled the cover back and let any tension out of my body. I collapsed on the mattress and closed my eyes.

There was no point in tormenting myself with notions of a cute little life with Cassio. It was never going to happen. I just needed to break it off with him and move on. It might break his heart but it had to be done. I wasn’t looking forward to it by any means. And I needed to do it now...well soon enough.

With some newfound vigour, I jumped out of bed...and instantly had to lie back down. My head started to sway and I could feel bile rising up my throat. I raced to the toilet and reached it just in time before throwing up everywhere.

That was the last time I was eating a whole tub of ice-cream which subsequently turned out to be gone off as well. This had been happening ever since I ate the blasted thing. I only realised when Callie came over and read the expiration date on it because she noticed that the colour was off a bit. I bet if she hadn’t had said anything I would have never gotten sick. She cursed it.

I just took Motillium every now and again for it. I probably should go to the doctor. The idea did cross my mind but I just wasn’t bothered. Like seriously who likes going to the doctors and beinging poked and prodded by some mans fat sausage fingers. I know that I didn’t, especially since my doctor was the quintessential and stereotypical French person. He even had the swirly moustache for Christ’s sake. Not that there was anything wrong with that...but he is the biggest perv as well. I get the shivers just thinking about him.

I pulled away from the toilet and got up to brush my teeth. The sudden movement made my head spin and my face was once again hovering over the toilet as last nights dinner spewed from my mouth. Lovely I know. Twas a delightful experience.

After about a half an hour with my head hanging in the toilet I finally plucked up the courage to try and get off the floor again. I slowly rose from the ground and was pleasantly surprised when I was able to stand and walk around without getting sick. I wandered into the kitchen with a sense of achievement and started up the coffee machine.

I know I know who in their right mind would have coffee just after throwing up but honestly I was not in my right mind. I never am until I get my morning coffee, hence why I was screaming like a mad woman earlier. The machine finally finished and I grabbed my cup of heaven. I strayed away from my usual espresso and went for a Cappuccino this time.