( 𝟎𝟎𝟓 ) a tragedy occurs

—  IT WAS NOW THE EVENING AT the camp, and the group that went to search for Merle in the city, still weren't back as of yet, so the group had cooked up lots of fish and were all gathered around the camp fire, finally feeling a slight pinch of hap...

—  IT WAS NOW THE EVENING AT the camp, and the group that went to search for Merle in the city, still weren't back as of yet, so the group had cooked up lots of fish and were all gathered around the camp fire, finally feeling a slight pinch of happiness together, waiting for the others return. Zoe sat next to Amy and Andrea as they all shoved mouthfuls of fish into their mouths in delight, missing the taste of meat. Everyone was talking and laughing, as if the world wasn't at an end, and it felt nice to see. She had helped cooked the fish, and she didn't do that bad of a job, for someone that hadn't cooked much before - she was proud of herself. As was Lori, who watched her daughter with a smile the whole time.

Zoe laughed along with the group, not caring about anything else in the world, until she noticed that Nate was sat far away from everyone else, without any food. Amy followed Zoe's eyesight and saw that she was gazing at Nate with sorrowful eyes, so she lent forward and handed her another plate of cooked fish that was sat besides the fire, giving the Grimes girl a knowing look. She had seen the two interact a lot since they set up the camp, and it wouldn't surprise her if they kissed one day; they pretended that they didn't really like each other, but everyone knew they did.. Hell, even Daryl could see it.

The two seemed to always be off in one area, conversing in private, before separating with angered looks, and going back to talking the next day. Every time it happened, it confused the group even more, but they simply watched as their relationship grew. One day, things were going to be different between the two - they could just sense it. Everyone could, except for Zoe and Nate themselves.

Zoe rolled her eyes playfully at Amy's look that she sent her, knowing exactly what Amy was suggesting she did. "Thanks." She told her, before taking it off her and standing up, "I'll be right back." She told her mom, who nodded in understanding, before turning back to Carl once more. Zoe then made her way, slowly, towards Nate, who sat, sharpening a few of his knives, by his tent, in complete silence, not wanting to join the others by the campfire.

She stood over him, looking at him sadly, feeling bad that he had begun to think he had to isolate himself, before deciding to just put the plate of food next to him and leave him to it, knowing that he probably wanted to be alone. She bent down and placed it on the floor besides where he was sat, causing him to glance at it with confusion, before turning back to his knives without another word spoken, wanting to be alone. She sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to say anything to her, and began to walk away, until his voice stopped her.

"Thanks." Nate mumbled, as soon as she turned around.

Zoe furrowed her brows at his words, not hearing them come out of his mouth before, and turned back around to see him looking at her with a thankful expression. She nodded, "You should come and sit with the rest of us." Zoe eventually suggested. "Everyone's joking around and having fun. You'll like it."