Chapter 12: Sincerely

"Sincerity is doing things, not because someone else is doing it, but because it comes straight from the heart."

-Toni Payne

Hoseok's brown eyes squinted as they met the cold surface of his telescope, his hand scribbling down his findings as his gaze trailed over the numerous stars in the sky.

He had been in his observatory for a few hours now, his eyes hardly ever leaving the night sky above him.

The observatory was a giant room with no roof, and open walls, being held up by large, stone pillars. Hoseok often had to wear heavier clothing as he worked, the desert air was cold in the night and he could go around wearing light, silk clothes unless he wanted to get himself sick.

He sighed, removing his head from his telescope and rubbing his tired eyes as he walked towards the wooden table opposite him, placing his papers down and scribbling more of his research on a blank piece.

His ears perked up as the sound of soft footsteps entered his ears, his gaze moving from his paper and falling towards the entrance.

You walked in shyly, your head hanging low as your left hand slowly made it's way to cover your bloody shoulder.

His eyes widened at your state, rising to his feet instantly and walking towards you worriedly.

"What happened to you?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.

You slowly matched his steps, meeting him in the middle of the room, your eyes never leaving the floor.

"I'm sorry." You stated. "I don't mean to bother you but Jimin wasn't in the temple and I didn't know where else to go."

The astronomer shook his head, gently placing his hand on your lower back and leading you to his desk.

"Do not apologize. I am glad you came to me."

You allowed him to pull you, your hand never leaving your bloody shoulder.

He pulled out a chair, sliding it against the floor and helping you sit down as his chocolate eyes scanned over your wound.

"Who did this to you?' He asked quietly.

You shrugged , moving your hair to one side of your neck, getting it out of his way as he pulled out a small roll of linen bandages, placing them on the desk.

"Some of the Pharaoh's concubines." You chuckled dryly. "I don't think they like me much."

Hoseok's eyes widened as he grabbed a small bowl of water, and a linen cloth.

"You should report them to the Pharaoh, I'm sure he would not stand for them to-"

"He knows." You said. "He forced one of them to leave the palace."

The stargazer, tilted his head, dipping the cloth into the cool water.

"Something is wrong." He stated as he took in your state. "Is this about what he did to Yoongi?"

Your head shot up, your body turning to face him.

"How do you know about that?"

The dirty blond sighed, bringing the cloth up and gently cleaning your wound.

"The servants talk too much."

You flinched as the cool water touched your back, your head nodding at his statement.

"So everyone knows about it?"

He nodded slowly.

"I'm almost sure they do."