Recall

Chapter 35: Recall

Jay stared blankly at the shower head as water sprayed all over the front of his body.

'Daniel... he fell for DG at same time he was with me...' Jay thought.

'So.... the other got him? You big dummy, you should've kept him close.' the imperfect said.

Jay blinked.

'What're you going to do?'

'What can I do? You can't turn off a person's feelings for someone else? It's either a phase or not. Either way, I'll support his decision.'

'Be honest, say he does choose the option you don't want him to choose, what'll you do?'

'I'll work in his interest, as a friend...'

'You're hurting yourself again by denying what you want.'

'It's for Daniel's sake.'

'Be selfish for once, kick, scream, cry... anything! You want him all to yourself after all, I know you do.'

'I am being selfish.'

'...'
'I'm selfish in keeping the thought of having him as mine forever to myself.'

He turned off the faucet.

And the water stopped.

----

Daniel stared at the ceiling of his home, he was still wearing the clothes he had since he left the station with his bags not even unpacked.

'Jay, I hurt him again... I acted in treason... am I being too dramatic? (Yes).' Daniel wondered.

He sighed.

'I love him... yet I love DG at the same time... this is confusing....' Daniel sighed, he curled up in a ball and hugged his pillow, groaning into it.

'Why can't I just like one? Jay... he's kind, loyal, shy, sweet, and my best friend so he's obviously the better choice but DG... he's cryptic, unpredictable, a bit socially awkward, yet I can't get him out of my mind when I think of who I love...' Daniel thought.

Daniel gripped his head, this was giving him a headache as he rolled on his bed, thinking, 'Jay's better.... No DG is better... I love Jay more... no I love DG more... can someone help me?'

Daniel slammed his face into the pillow.

'I think I should switch to my other body...' Daniel closed his eyes and began counting sheep.

---

Daniel didn't expect to dream but here he was.

Standing in his chubby form he was surrounded by black with a single long white thick streak was the only outstanding thing in his path.

Looking a bit more up the path, Daniel was surprised to see DG and Jay standing before him, both had their hands extending out towards him.

'Jay? DG?' Daniel asked.

The two didn't say anything, their hands were still towards him. Daniel didn't know who to choose.

'Choose one.' he heard his mother's voice echo repeatedly, Daniel felt overwhelmed.

'I can't!' Daniel said, 'If I choose one, I'll hurt the other!'

'Choose one, choose one, choose one...' his mother echoed.

Daniel fell to his knees, he covered his ears but he still heard the words loud and clear.

'Choose him, choose him, choose him...'