wild horses!

link glided down the great plateau, and landed on his feet. link desperately needed to find this village that was named 'kakariko'.  he landed near a tall red monster he knew as moblins, and quickly took them out with his traveler's sword.  

"why am i even doing this?"

"can't someone else do this?"

many thoughts over-flooded link's body and mind as he continued his journey. 

yes, link did understand that he was the chosen one; the hero. however, he didn't feel like one at all. he didn't understand why he didn't have a say in this. the chosen hero wondered if it was him who had to defeat this great and treacherous calamity. honestly, he just wanted to go back and sleep for another 100 years. 

— later —

after he stabbed a few bokoblins and moblins, link reached the duelling peaks.

there, he decided to stop at the strange looking building with a giant horse head on top for the night. he noticed that it looked like a funny inn and at first, he didn't feel that good about staying in a room with different people (he's been sleeping in a small room by himself for 100 years, he probably feels uncomfortable). he continued to walk in front of the building and made his way to the front.

"hey traveler! is this your first time here? haven't seen ya around before."

link nodded.

"well then! let me give you the basics! this is a stable, where you can register and board your horse and also take a rest whenever you need to!"

link nodded in understanding.

"so, what will it be? what can i do for ya?"

link pointed to the beds and looked back at the man.

"i see! you'd like to take a rest then, eh?"

link nodded once again.

"that's just 20 rupees, but for a soft bed, that's 40 rupees!"

link raised his hand an motioned for the first one.

"alright, a regular bed it is! thank you sir."

link walked over to the bed and instantly went face first into the mattress. it wasn't soft, but it wasn't hard either. he soon drifted off into a long sleep. he wanted to get his mind off all of this and hopefully be productive the next day.

the man narrowed his eyes towards link. 

"hmm that one doesn't talk at all. wonder why that is."

— later —

link thanked the man for letting him stay. 

no, link didn't say 'thank you', he wrote it on a piece of paper and gave it to the man.

the man looked confused and scratched his head. 

"uhhh, you're welcome! please feel free to come back anytime you want! i'll always be here..."

link nodded and left.

link walked through the fields for a little bit, taking a small break, to clear his mind if you will. he walked around and looked at the different types of flowers that were swaying gently in the wind and sighed. everything seemed so so peaceful. 

so why wasn't he feeling peaceful?

he stood up and looked around, his eyes darting from trees, to rocks, to small ponds and then onto a small herd of horses.

"!"

link desperately wanted the brown mare with white spots on it's backside.

he bent down, and slowly sneaked towards the desired horse. he learnt a few tricks about taming wild horses from the man's brother back at the stable. 

he got closer and closer, the horse neighed and turned it's head a little to the right, inspecting it's surroundings. link stopped at this, and stayed still. the horse went back to it's grass-eating session and link took this as an opportunity to jump onto the horses back and grab it's mane.

the horse neighed and kicked here and there, but link was strong and determined for a teenaged hylian. he tried to calm the horse and he yelped a few times from nearly getting kicked off.  

after lots and lots of patting, the horse slowed down and stopped trying to get link off. link smiled a little at this, feeling confident after he just tamed a wild horse on his second day of technically being alive. 

he rode his mare back to the stable and signed a few papers so he could register it.

"alrighty, just sign your horse's name here, and write your name over here."

link decided to name his mare 'epona' as he felt like that name would only suit a horse.

link rode off, with his new companion.

for the first time, he felt quite happy with his decision.