kakariko village & hateno village

ah, finally, kakariko village was right in front of the young hylian. he jumped off epona and left her to graze in the grass.

he noticed that it was a small village, and most of the people there were wearing similar clothes. link walked over a small bridge and admired the village. he then noticed a small shrine at the top and decided to do that first.

— later —

link came out, and walked down back to the village. he walked past some shops and decided maybe he should go in there later. he saw a goddess statue and watched children run around. 

he stopped in front of two men and put his hands on his hips. 

— later —

after talking to the guards (by talking i mean nodding and shaking his head), he walked up the stairs to 'impa's' home. he was about to open the large doors when he noticed a girl standing from his left and hiding her face. link gave a strange look and watched the girl with curiosity for a bit. she opened her eyes from her hands to get a glance at the blonde hero but quickly squealed and hid her face again. 

"m-m-master link!"

link shifted his feet a bit and gave an awkward expression. he didn't know how to react to this girl. let alone the name she called him. 

"master link? what the-"

"y-you've finally a-arrived! u-um, please, go inside a-a-a-and see my grand m-mother!"

link nodded slowly and pushed the doors open with the same speed, still thinking about his name.

— later —

"save the divine beasts and the princess, we're all counting on you link"

"go to hateno village, there you should be able to get to the tech lab."

link nodded with determination and left the building, in search of another village called 'hateno village'. he learned that he was a champion as well, and zelda's personal knight.

link walked over to epona, fed her some apples, and mounted his trusty mare. he breathed in and out and motioned epona to start trotting. 

— later —

link's arrival to hateno village was peaceful. the village was buzzing with noises of people speaking and selling items and food. link seemed to like this sort of atmosphere. he liked seeing people happy and content with their lives, even though calamity ganon was right on their doorstep. link started to think about this whole ordeal of ganon destroying the world. maybe link was potentially the only person who could defeat. maybe he was looking at this in the wrong perspective.

he went into a few shops and bought some arrows and truffles. link then rode epona all the way up the village into a more secluded area to what he saw was called 'hateno tech lab' and went inside. 

"snaaaaaap!"

link stared at the young child, or the young director (apparently).

"what's wrong linky?? don't you remember me?? it's purah!"

link looked confused and gave an apologetic look. this seemed to be happening a lot.

purah expected this and wrote a few sentences in her small notepad. 

— later —

after link lit the lab's furnace, purah upgraded his slate and gave him the 'camera' option. she explained how the camera worked and also explained the photos that were already there.

"these must've been from princess zelda, herself!"

link nodded in understandment.

purah then instructed link to go back to kakariko village and talk to impa again. link was used to this. getting tasks and going back and forth, but in the end, he knew that they were doing this to help him.

— later —

"perhaps, if you were to go to these places, you would get some of your memory back."

link nodded, but this time, with interest.

"wait a minute."

link looked up at impa and gave a questioning look.

"there are other photos, not just zelda's."

link looked back to his slate and went to the next page of the photo album. there he saw 5 more memories, and impa looked confused. 

"these were not taken by the princess..."

impa was going to ask link if he knew anyone else that used his slate, but then decided not to as he would not have an answer since he doesn't remember anyone. she stared longer at the photos and identified their locations. but did not tell link. he needed to do this on his own.

- one was somewhere in hyrule field, a little far from the castle and was surrounded by beautiful flowers that varied from pale yellow, baby pink and sky blue.

- another was in gerudo desert, at a small oasis.

- the third was in the akkala region, in a field of orange, yellow and red trees in front of a lake.

- the fourth was located near a beach, maybe aris beach?

- the last one looked like it was in the old castle town, near the fountain in the centre.

link looked at impa and raised his thick eyebrow. he wanted impa to say something that would give him a direction. impa stared back into his eyes and only told him that after he found his first memory, he would return to the village and speak to her, she wanted to give him something. link nodded and left immediately.

he needed to know who he was.

even if it's just a small look into his past life.