48. medicine

Matty was out the hospital, had been for a week. Kat still hadn't seen him and that killed him. George has advised him to wait a while, it had hit her harder than anyone else and he knew that. Matty couldn't help but feel bitter towards George that she would let him in. He had always hated how close they were even if he knew how unreasonable it was.

It had been a week, she was surely over it by now? That's what Matty kept repeating to himself as he stood outside her door with some flowers. He wasn't sure why he had bought her flowers but they were her favourite, light pink roses.

She opened it and stared at him.

"Kitty," he started, she slammed the door. Him calling her that brought all kind of memories back that she didn't want. "Kat!" He banged on the door. She opened it again and allowed him in.

"Are you ok?" She asked, walking into her living room. He followed her, still clutching the flowers.

"Me? I'm fine, just been worried about you." She sat on a single chair so he sat on her long sofa with the flowers in between his legs. "I got you these." He motioned to the flowers, standing up and giving them to her. She knew he knew they were her favourites.

"Thank you but why?" She asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Because I'm sorry for everything." She smelled the flowers in front of her and stood up to go and put them in a vase.

"Such as?" She pushed, he smirked and followed her into the kitchen, leaning against the countertop.

"Where to start?" He sighed "Making you cry in the woods, not showing you I wanted more but mostly for breaking my promise that i wouldn't do heroin again and almost dying in front of you." He finished. She put the flowers in the vase and turned to face him.

"Was it the house?" She asked, he looked away from her eyes. "Well?" She pushed when she got no answer.

"I recognised it as soon as I walked in, and then Alice squeezed my arm right on the bruise and i had the craving." He explained, she stared at the flowers as he spoke. "I just did it and then I did it again and then I did it too much." He added. She ran a hand aggressively through her hair and looked at the floor.

"You're my best friend, I never though I could hate you but I felt so much hatred in that hospital." She confessed, he bit his lip and hoped she still didn't hate him. He reached out for her but she flinched away.

"I'm sorry. I'm getting better. I'm going away to get better" he spoke frantically. She closed her eyes and leaned against the opposite counter.

"You're going away?" She asked, he nodded. she walked back into the living room and he followed.

"I'm going to rehab for three weeks before tour." He answered, he reached out and took her hand. Using the only strength he had, he pulled her forward so she was stood in front of him, her bum was pressed against the back of the sofa. "You're coming with us, right?" He asked, she nodded reluctantly. "Good."

"The minute that I even suspect that you're high when we're on tour, I'm gone and I will never talk to you again. You have to keep your promises otherwise I want nothing to do with you." He already knew this, trust was a huge thing for her which is why he knew she would be the most hurt when he overdosed.

"I know." He pulled her closer, brushing her hair behind her ear. He hadn't been this close to her for this long in a long time and he had missed it. "I promise, please forgive me." He begged. She nodded and pushed her face into his hand.

"I thought you were going to die" she stared at his chest, "I thought you were going to die in my arms" her voice was croaky and when she looked into his eyes, there were tears in them. He brought his other hand to her other cheek and brought their faces close. He didn't know what to do.