Chapter 15

Lucas...

Hmmm...hmmm

Someone was humming.

Hmmm...hmm..hmm..

There it is again.

I woke up lying on the soft green grass. The sun was shining brightly, the wind was giving a cool breeze as the grass danced along with it.

Someone giggled...

I stood up and realized that i was in the middle of a meadow. There were flowers, butterflies, bees and --

Hmmm.hmm...hmmm..

There goes that voice again.

I looked around and saw a girl sitting a few meters from where I stood. Her back was facing me while she was busy doing something while humming.

Her braided red hair was neatly laid on her back along with some flowers as a decoration.

I went closer. And as i was a few inches from her, she stopped what she was doing and threw the flowers away. The petals were caught by the wind and they swirled gracefully before falling gently on the grass.

"They'll be leaving you soon...",she said.

"Excuse me?", I furrowed my brows. What does that mean? Who is she?

The girl stood up letting some flowers fall from her lap.

She slowly turned around and i was taken aback by her appearance.

She was drenched in blood and there was a hole on her chest where the heart was located.

She laughed.

Then everything became dark. The surroundings were pure dark. I took a step forward and felt a sticky fluid on the ground and when I looked down, I realized that the whole ground was covered in blood...a pool of blood.

She will leave you...

A voice of a woman who seemed to be as old as Maria covered the entire darkness.

"Who are you?",i called out as i look around hoping to find her.

She will hurt you like they did...

"What do you mean?",somehow I felt like I know who she was talking about but I was too afraid to admit it.

She will betray you...

"Show yourself!!!",i yelled on top of my lungs hoping she will show up.

And my prayer was answered.

But before I could take a step towards her, my surroundings changed again and this time I was terrified.

Nostalgic...

That's how I felt.

I was standing at the living room. It was not just any living room. It was the living room of our old mansion way back when I was a child.

Blood was everywhere. There were screams and the whole place was on fire.

"Kill them!!!",some people were shouting outside.

She will betray you...

The voice came again and I couldn't help but gape at the sight of a very familiar person who was so important to me.

She was lying on the floor soaked with her blood and her throat was bleeding so badly showing the flesh that was ripped with a sharp knife. She was crying yet she was smiling, staring right at me.

I was stuck and stared back at her.

Suddenly, she stood up which caused more blood to ooze out from her throat. She tried to laugh but she just made a gargling sound causing more blood to flow from her mouth and throat, the blood flowed down and was dripping from the edge of her white skirt. The cut was getting wider and the flesh was starting to loosen with every move she made.

She's just like them Lucc.

She will betray you...

And that will be the end of you...

After whispering those words, she stabbed herself with a knife and thrusted it deeply through her heart and she smiled while falling to the ground.

Third person...

"NO!!!!",he immediately opened his eyes, tears were falling, he was covered in sweat and he was breathing rapidly.

He looked around and took out a deep breath. He tightly gripped his chest and felt relieved upon realizing that he was just dreaming.

He covered his face with both hands as he slumped against the cushions. He rubbed his face which immediately turned red.

It's been a long time. The ghost from the past came back to haunt him. Why now that he was ready to let go. Why now when he was ready to change, to make room for forgiveness. And why now when he had found the person whom he is willing to spend his eternity with. She was the one who made him see right through the darkness, she was his only hope and with her around he was happy and he's willing to take the risk just to make her happy too. His mate. His Monique.

"Ybel...",he muttered staring at the ceiling. "Why?",he buried his face on the soft pillow trying hard not to remember everything back then.