012

Percy Flynn

"We need to talk," Spencer said looking at me so intensely, I couldn't look back and ended up just shaking my head.

"I don't want to talk. I have to go," I said turning on my car but Spencer didn't say anything and he didn't move a muscle. I turned to him with glare. "Didn't you hear me? I have to go."

"Then go, I'm not stopping you."

I sighed. "Spencer, please get down. I don't have time for this."

"You know when you said we should be friends again, you forgot to add that it was a one day thing," He spat, and then made to leave, I stopped him. He glared at my hand over his and pulled away. "Also, if you're going to ignore me, then you might as well not come to fight for me."

"I wasn't ignoring you," I lied.

"Bullshit."

Instead of saying any more lies, I pulled out of the parking lot and drove off. The ride was silent as neither Spencer nor I said anything. Not even the music was on. It was a silent uncomfortable ride and I used the time to gather my thoughts and think about what exactly I was going to say to him. He was going to need a reason. Do I lie or just fess up the truth? The truth that he kissed me and I let him? No way. That might just cause a ditch in the already wobbling friendship. I really wanted to be friends with him, so I thought it better to keep it all to myself. Of course he'll find out eventually but by then, I would've earned his friendship and trust again.

I didn't know where to go to so I drove right to his house. I got down first, leaving Spencer in the car, it was when I was almost at the door that I finally heard him get out of the car. We got into his house and another silence settled amongst us.

"Fine, I was ignoring you," I started and he rolled his eyes. "It was just because I was having a bad day."

"Do you want us to also hide the friendship from the entire school?" He asked.

"No. We're not doing anything wrong." I said but it sounded like something that should go both ways. Why hide at all?

Spencer took a step closer to me and like whenever I made my dad angry and he stepped closer to me, even though I knew he won't hit me, I'd still step back. This time I was really tempted to but I stood still on my heels, looking at him. "I know you were avoiding me because of something I said on Friday. It's fine if you don't tell me, I don't even want to know but please forgive me. I'm sorry."

I softened up, feeling so guilty that he felt the need to apologize when I'm the one wrong. He shouldn't have to at all. My hands found their way to his shoulders. "Spencer there's nothing to be sorry about. I am the one who is sorry."

"Okay, I forgive you." He simply said and I chuckled at the absurdity of it all but I didn't dare complain about it.

"Thank you."

"Great. So can we finally start over?" He asked and I pinched my brows together.

"Start over as in, names and handshakes?"

Spencer shrugged, "Whatever works for you."

"Nah, I'd rather pick up from where we left off," I said, the kiss flashing over to my mind and I hide a smile. Unfortunately not from there.

"Okay," He shrugged his bag off. "And on that note," he blushed. "Thanks for coming to my rescue when Colton McMahon came at me."

I sighed, feeling like I did back at the car. Guilty. "I'm really sorry about that."

"Why?"

"'Cause it's my fault," I slumped down at the sofa, looking at my fingers. "You weren't picked on before. I started it all. It's because of me those assholes have the guts to touch you. I'm a bigger asshole. I shouldn't have... I shouldn't--"