Chapter 19

I was honestly surprised that Mom didn't mention it up until right this moment.

"The things you said on Christmas, to Elijah..."

"Yeah, I know. I shouldn't have butted in, sorry. Can I go now?" My toes were twitching as they wanted to dash up the stairs since I left my phone there before and what if Max has written to me and since I haven't replied he thinks I'm ignoring him? The horror!

"No, wait!" Dang it. Mom's fingers held me firmly by the arm. I could've just brushed her off since I'm a lot stronger than her (thank you basketball) but I didn't. She's my Mom after all.

"What you said... It was nice." What?

My eyes went wide at Mom. She usually always remind me not to say unnecessary things during family or school meetings. Maybe Mom saw that his parents were going to say something really ignorant?

"So like... If you're part of the rainbow I'm supportive." Never mind.

I rolled my eyes so much I was sure they were going to get stuck there. I playfully released myself from my Mom's grip and groaned as I headed for the stairs.

"I'm not gay, Mom."

"You're not?"

"No!"

"You sure?"

"Jesus Christ." I closed my door shut and dove towards my phone who was laying innocently on the bed. Scouter's tail began to wag as he bounced from my weight on the cushions. I patted his head absentmindedly, not leaving the screen with my eyes.

"Still can't believe you thought I was blonde." I scoffed. That's what he has to say? That's what he says after two hours of endless talking about nothing and everything?

"still cant believe u thought i was skinny"

"Oh." What does that mean?

"i have muscles yknow, im buff, the size of a house" That might be overdramatic but am I going to take it back? Hell no. I might've flexed with my arm in the mirror just now but that's besides the point.

"AHHAHHA I'm 6'3" What the hell? That's like- I don't know!? Really tall?! What the fuck?! He's around the same height as Luke and Luke's tall AND muscular.

"How tall are you?" I grumbled something under my breath as I furrowed my brows with a scowl hidden in the covers.

"none of ya business"

"I'm taking that as short then."

"fuck u"

"Just tell me."

"no. im perfectly normal in height but i know u will make fun of me anyway just cause im not crazy tall so i have the right to not say anything to u, prick"

"Alright, I won't force it out of you ;)" I tried not to react to his winking smiley. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

I began chewing my lip as I held my breath. I want to ask him but I really don't. Isn't time? It is time isn't it?

I'm fucking terrified but fuck it.

It was only when I was typing it out that I realised I was shaking. My heart was drumming in my ears, it made me press the wrong keys over and over again. Max- I mean Dominic, wrote something again but my sight was tunnel visioned so I didn't look and instead pressed in the letters one by one, slowly. Why am I so nervous?

Finally, I sent it. After rereading it two thousand times or so of course.

"wanna set a date. to meet. idk" Nice and casual. Ugh, why did I choose to use that word? It's not a date, date. Date is just another word for a time. Why am I saying this in my head? I know it already. Why am I convincing myself and being weird? Gosh.

"Sure! How does the 28th sound? :)" How can he be so cool about all of this?

"ok" A jolt suddenly went through my body and I threw my phone on my bed while releasing some weird seal sounds. I'm meeting Dominic. I'm meeting Dominic. I'm meeting Dominic in two days. In two fucking days!

Holy. Mother. Of. Fuck.

The guy I met around a month ago suddenly seemed hard to imagine my life without. It's crazy what Dominic has done to me. Making me think of him all the time. Squeal like a baby because of him. Sweat constantly because of him. Be jittery and I'm sure I have a heart problem by now. Either there's seriously something wrong with me or...

I don't act like this with any of my friends...

Then suddenly this guy appears and I'm suddenly acting like some girl high on love. This just - It can't be right? Am I? No...

My heart was picking up its pace. I stood up to look myself properly in the mirror. The sky was dull, a dusty grey so the lighting wasn't the best. I watched the shadows cascade on my face and then I touched my cheeks.

They were burning up but it wasn't a fever.

Maybe Luke is right?

Maybe I do like him?

Wouldn't that make the most sense?

No. No, it doesn't make any sense at all! I can't like him, I can't like... A guy. A guy I just met online. A guy I barely know. I don't even know what his face looks like!

He's also a guy that truly makes me laugh. A guy I feel like I can share a part of myself with - or all of myself. A guy that makes me giggle like I'm drunk. A guy that makes me nervous. A guy that makes it feel like I'm someone else.

I care about him. Oh, fuck I care about him a lot.

I stared at my face. My eyes were the size of planets.

This is the 'oh, fuck' moment I've been pushing away since the day I met Dominic and he piqued my interest.

Oh fuck.