Chapter 18: Recovery And Traitor

Hayley's POV

I felt stares burning through my skin, the air was tense, as if someone had a knife you could slice through it. I tried opening my eyes, but couldn't.

"I hope she's alright." Jared said sadly.

Are they talking about me?

'Of course they are talking about you, you shithead' Aurora said sarcastically.

'So you finally show up. I've missed you Aurora.' I say sincerely

'I've missed you to. I've finally reasoned with Eric's wolf. He has let us go to be happy, but I'm afraid he said that Eric won't stop until we are his.' Aurora said frustrated.

'I sense that you do not like this human?' I say knowingly.

Aurora growled angrily.

'Of course! He hurt my human. Mate or not no one disrespects me or my human.' she said angrily.

'thank you. Now, go rest. We have a lot of people to possibly kill and catch a women named Rebecca Winters.' I said seriously.

I saw her nod her wolf head and laid down, retreating back to the back of my mind.

"Hayley. Please wake up." it was Austin. He sounded so broken, so lost.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. If I hadn't come quicker you wouldn't be in this bed right now. We would've been in my room with everyone, snuggling with each other eating snacks and watching movies." he said sadly.

Urgh I can't take this! I need to wake up. Just then I heard the monitor go off.

" look Austin. She can hear you. Keep talking." Sofia said.

" please. Please, I need my sister back! I know the strong and fierce alpha female won't back down. You have come to far to be just killed from a simple arrow." he said determined.

My fist went into a ball then snap. A flat line.

Gasps were heard. I hear heavy sobs from my left. I opened my eyes and looked at Austin who had his head in my hand.

"looks like I broke the big bad Alpha to be. No need to cry you big baby." I rasped out.

Everyone shot there head towards me. I saw Austin, what I saw broke my already shattered heart.

He had eye bags looking like he couldn't sleep for days, he smelt like he hadn't had a shower and had puffy red eyes.

" can I have a glass of water please." I asked.

Dad got the cup and brought it to me. I chugged it down like there was no tomorrow. Once finished I handed the cup back to dad.

"So what did I miss?" I asked.

I looked around the room. What? Have I lost my mind or something?

"well you missed like 2 weeks." Sky said.

My eyes went wide. Wow. 2 weeks huh? Oh damn I almost forgot.

"hey sky, did you do what I asked?" I asked her

"yes. She didn't come back to the pack lands until recently last week. I have her in on of the cells." she said confirming.

"thanks Sky." I said with a little smile.

She just nodded her head.

"who may I ask did you capture?" Uncle Sam asked

"a women named Rebecca Winters." Sky said.

Aunt Eve gasps. Does she know her?

"Why!? What has she done!?" Aunt Eve shouted.

I guess she really does know her I thought to myself.

"Who is she to the pack?" I asked causiously

"She is the packs councilor, and one of our most trusted advisors. She is also my best friend." Aunt Eve said.

"The reason why I asked Sky to capture her is because she has been working for the rouges. She knows all the changing routines around the pack, and I guess she has been telling them about your weaknesses." I said in deep thought.

"I'm so sorry Aunt Eve." Jared said sincerely

"So when will I be out of this hospital?" I said to the point.

Everyone chuckled.

"Tomorrow. For now. Rest." Dad said.

I nodded my head. Before I could say anything else, screaming and glass breaking was heard.

"Where is she!?" someone yelled.

It sounded like, Eric?

I heard Austin cursing words. And dad slowly getting angry. Umm? Did I miss something? Confusion written on my face. Austin let go of my hand to be replaced with Sofias.

Mum and Aunt Eve came to my side as dad, Austin and Uncle Sam went outside.

"Where is she!?" the same voice yelled. Was it Eric?

"You will not lay a hand on her!" Austin yelled furiously.

A threatening growl was heard. Growing more louder and louder. My head aching at the pain.

"You will give her to me! She is MINE!" This time, I knew it was Eric.

Did he just call me his? I don't think so.

"You lost that privilege when you rejected her!" Austin growl furiously.

Ohh shit. If I don't do something, someone might possibly die today. I tried to get up, but Aunt Eve and Mum was holding me down.

"No. If I don't do something, one of them is going to die!" I yelled protesting.

I felt Aunt Eve and Mum loosening their grip, I took the as an opening before pushing them and heading out the door. I got to where Dad, uncle Sam, Austin and Eric were.

What I saw did not shock me at all, Austin and Eric fighting each other while dad and Uncle Sam tried to pull them apart.

Dad and Uncle Sam were failing to get them separated, I got a hold of both of the and pushed them apart, which sent them flying to the opposite ends of the wall.

"Enough of this nonsense! Eric, listen well and listen closely." I said walked towards him staring at him dead in the eye.

I grabbed his collar and pulled him towards me.

"I will never and I mean NEVER be your mate. You lost that the moment you rejected me. So get that through your thick skull!" I yelled angrily.

I pushed him away, turning away from him. I walked to Austin and helped him up. We walked back to the room and heard an angry growl before turning away.