Meet My New Friend; Depression

A tumble off the cliff?

Legolas bends down and grabs the creature by the shirt. 'You lie' He hisses. The creature chortles and then he dies with a smile. Legolas roughly releases him. But when he release the dead creature, something catches his eye. He bends down and takes something out his hand.
It is my neckless!

Legolas looks at me and his expression changes to worry. He walks over to Théoden who stands at the edge of the cliff, with Gimli close behind. I rush after him and see that the boys are scanning the ravine below.

I am not going to look..

Gamling, second in command of the king, as Éowyn told me yesterday, runs up behind Théoden. 'Get the wounded on horses. The wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead' Théoden says as he turns to me. Gamling nods and runs back to the soldiers. Legolas looks also with sadness and anger but Théoden puts a hand on Legolas' shoulder. 'Come' He says and he leaves us as the boys stare down at the edge. 'Here Sara' Legolas says, offering me my neckless back. I shake my hand and the tears I was holding in, fall down. 'No. I gave it to him'

Why do I feel this way?

It comes crashing down at me, all at once.

Aragorn said he was falling in love with me. With me!

And I was falling for him.

Hard.

A cry escapes my lips as my knees give in. I start to sob uncontrollably.

Everything I held in for so long, I cry it all out, here on the plains of Rohan. 

Legolas and Gimli help me up and I see that also Gimli is trying not to cry while Legolas expression is unreadable.

They also lost a friend..

The soldiers and Théoden are still waiting and when I look at Théoden, he only nods. I turn my eyes away from him and let Legolas help me mount my horse. In silence we ride to Helm's Deep. And the whole ride I let my tears fall, not caring that the soldiers are looking at me.

∞                                        

When I ride through the mighty doors of Helm's Deep, I see Éowyn standing near. I mount off my horse and Legolas and Gimli are following me. I walk straight towards Éowyn. As see sees me her expression changes to worry. 'My Lady' Gimli says with sadness and Éowyn turns to us in worry. 'Lord Aragorn ... where is he?' Again the tears roll down my cheeks and her eyes grow wide. 'He fell' Gimli says with difficulty. They all look at me, if they think I am going to break again. But the truth is, I am already broken.

'Is there a room, where I can clean myself?' I ask Éowyn and I notice my voice is more broken than I would like. She nods with sadness in her eyes as she looks at me. I am covered in blood of the filthy creatures and above all I feel numb.

This hurts more than I ever held for possible.

I thought I lost Jason, when I caught him with someone else. And when I opened my hart again, too soon, but still. Now he is also gone.

'Come Sara' Éowyn says and takes my hand. Legolas squeezes in my shoulder and Gimli smiles. 'Shall we come with you Lass?' I shake my head. 'No Gimli. I want to be alone. But thank you' He smiles again and I try to do the same. 'We find you, okay?' Legolas states. I nod. 'Yes' And with that I leave the boys behind, dragged through the street of Helm's Deep to the fortress. Éowyn shows me a room, it has no windows, but there is a fire going and a bed. 'How are you feeling?' She asks me when I sit down on the bed.