Chapter Thirty Six

Rosé

I'm standing next to Aaliyah, my head on her shoulder, as we wait for Mr. Jonathan to finish roll-call. The coach is already here, and our bags have already been loaded by the kind driver. I tried not to pack a lot because it's only a three-day trip. Once this trip is over, our two-week winter break starts which I'm looking forward to so much.

"You want some?" Aaliyah holds out the blue packet.

I take the jelly candy shaped like a blueberry fruit. It tastes really fruity.

As I wander my eyes around the school entrance where we're all waiting, I catch Daniel's eyes. And just like that, I'm a blushing mess. He's with his brother and friends and they're talking amongst each other but Daniel's eyes are on me. A light smile tugging on his lips, his dimples sneaking in.

Giddiness tickles my stomach and I wrap my arms around myself. A smile colors my face.

Once Mr. Jonathan is done, we board the bus. I walk over to some empty seats nearer to the back and slide in by the window.

"Aaliyah." Matthew hollers at her just as she's sliding in next to me.

Aaliyah looks at me and I smile, telepathically reassuring her it's cool if she wants to sit by him. She beams and hurries to her crush. I laugh at her. Pulling out my phone, I scroll through my playlists trying to choose a song and once I find the right one, I plug in my earphones.

As I'm lost in the rhythm of Touched By An Angel by Boys World, one earplug is stolen from me and when I look who it is, I warmly smile.

"Daniel."

Daniel nonchalantly slides in next to me and puts the earphone plug into his ear. Noah passes by and shakes his head at his brother in amusement.

Noah got into a fight with another racer last night, Noah had won the race but the idiot who was painting himself out as the victim had thrown a tantrum because he lost and he got outed for cheating. Noah's face is bruised but other than that, he looks like his handsome self.

"What song is this?" Daniel asks in a quiet tone.

I show him my phone and he nods. Then when the bus starts to move, he lays his head on my shoulder, wraps an arm around me, and closes his eyes. I'm frozen in surprise but the happiness and adoration bubble within me.

With a warm smile on my face, I stare out the window, watching as the city buildings morph into woodland trees, the blue sky fading into black. A few times, I sneak peeks at Daniel and he looks adorable and how does he look good whilst sleeping? I look as if I've been run over by a truck when I'm sleeping—Aaliyah has evidence.

When we get to West Hampton Lake Forest—three hours away from the city—we're all tired. All I want is a warm, comfy bed and to hug my teddy.

Walking through the earthy forest, with my arm around Aaliyah and the boys following behind us, we get to our campsite that has cabins. Dark cherrywood, with wooden fencing around it and lantern lights hanging from the roof.

Aaliyah and I are sharing a cabin and we excitedly get to ours. Inside the dark cherrywood looks so cozy, and the lanterns create a perfect warm ambiance. A short hallway leads to a small living room and a kitchen and there are two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.

Placing my white luggage at the foot of my bed, I grab an oversized sweatshirt because the air has gone chilly and I'm only wearing some leggings and a t-shirt. For tonight, Mr. Jonathan has let us have free time and then tomorrow, we're going to the observatory that is on West Hampton Lake Peak.